Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eskimo329
Beginner May 2015

Using bouquets as centre pieces

Eskimo329, 25 of June of 2014 at 17:50 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

I was thinking of using mine and bridesmaids bouquets as centre pieces on tables and wondered if anyone else was doing the same or just whether it will look lame x

12 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 27 of June of 2014 at 13:29
  • ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

That's not an unusual thing to do, so I hear.

Several venues (well, three) I went to mentioned placing the brides bouquet in the front middle of the Top Table, and the bridesmaid's bouquets at strategic points down it. This was in response to me asking about candelabras for the round tables, which you wouldn't place on the Top Table due to blocking the view.

I personally think that's a lovely idea for the bridesmaid's bouquets. They do just get dumped after the photos. I think it'd be a nice chance to get a proper look at them if I found one in the middle of my table. Do you have a matching number of bridesmaids and tables?

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

We are doing this along our top table. This is a picture our florist sent to show what it should look like:

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lottie, can I be a bit mean, but with good intentions, as your wedding hasn't happened yet?

IMHO, I think bridesmaid bouquets in vases on a round table = great centrepiece, in the middle of the table.

Bouquets in vases on a top table = can sometimes start to look like a window ledge, depending on size of vase/length of stem on flowers. Stems are often fairly long on bridesmaid bouquets so they can stick up quite high.

I honestly think the flower bouquets on the top table may look better laid down naturally - flowers pointing forward towards the guest, and stems pointing back towards the people sitting at the Top Table.

I can't find a great picture of what I mean, but this one gives an idea. Minus the candles, and probably less bouquets too !

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

Totally think it's about personal preference, we love this simple idea and chose it over a traditional top table display. Easy way to save money for a display we want to be nice but not the focus of attention.

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Lottie I love the fishbowls and the 3 bouquets....I think it looks great. My OH really wants fish bowls so may have to allow him those....not sure they go with the rustic theme.

we have 5 round tables altogether...will use mine on top table and bridesmaids on others. I have 3 bridesmaids so will just get a matching one made.

what are you doing for your other tables

xxx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

From a practical point of view, they will last longer in water rather than being laid on the table without, particularly if they are delicate flowers that wilt easily or the room is warm. I think the goldfish bowl is a good height to use because they aren't too high so people can't see you on the top table. I really like the ones on the photo too.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    beckimas ·
    • Hide content

We are doing this on our top table. My bouquet is wild flowers which is the same as what we're having for centrepieces on our 7 round tables, so my bouquet will go in the centre of the top table in a vintage style jug to match the round tables also. I have 4 bms who are having gypsophilia posies and these will go 2 either side of my bouquet on the top table. I think it's a nice way to pull the top table into the theme with the other tables without getting over the top displays Smiley smile I think it will look lovely whatever you decide to do as your florist should not let it look "lame" Smiley smile

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also love that look Lottie, much prefer it to having them lying down as they look a bit plonked IMO.

Eskimo, if you are looking at this idea but wanting an alternative to fish bowls, I went to a wedding where they used old pickle jars from a fish and chip shop! Same sort of effect, but more fitting with a rustic theme.

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

I love that idea.....any ideas where I could get them from?

my friend is doing the flowers so I gotta source the vases x

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IKEA have some vases that are similar in shape...

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=ENSIDIG

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Of course not. That's actually a brill idea, why didn't I think of that. Smiley smile

• Eskimo329
    Beginner May 2015
    Eskimo329 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks miss pickle ill check that out Smiley smile

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It's quite popular for the top table. Ask the organiser on the day to put the vases ready on the tables you want them on.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics