Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner

Using ipod speakers for cermony? HELP!

Feanor, 8 February, 2010 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all

We are getting married in Gozo in July and there will only be about 12 people. The planners have quoted us 400 Euros for :

Generator for outdoor venue -70 Euro.

Music (+DJ) for ceremony - 165 Euro. (I queried the DJ part for the ceremony but they said it was a sound technician or something).

Music (+DJ) for reception - 165 Euro.

I really think we can save money here by maybe buying an ipod speaker station and just using our own music for that and for the ceremony. That way we'll have them as ours and can use them for the rest of the holiday around the pool etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether this would work? I haven't heard these speakers myself but do you think they would be loud enough?

Thanks Smiley smile

5 replies

Latest activity by tahdah, 9 February, 2010 at 15:02
  • B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I think it depends what you want to get - there are portable speakers which tbh are a bit tinny and I don't think would be right, or you can get a docking system, where I reckon it might well be loud enough - but obv these cost more and I think would need to be plugged in somewhere.

• GetWed
    GetWed ·
    • Hide content

Hi

As a DJ, I can't believe I am recommending an iPod for a wedding! We use an Kicker iK500 for dance classes and children's parties and it is very, very loud! The sound quality is also excellent.

It's portable, has a built in handle and also a remote control (though I can't imagine you pressing buttons while you say your vows!) You can see more details about it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kicker-iK500-iPod-Dock-Station/dp/B0020MM6XU/ref=sr_1_1/278-8105105-6904169?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265659407&sr=8-1

It may be more than you wanted to pay it's less than 165 Euros and you get to keep it!

Good luck and have a great day.

James.

• F
    Beginner
    Feanor ·
    • Hide content

Thanks alot! I am going to look into your suggestion now. Really appreciate that.

Feanor x

• W
    wedcounsel ·
    • Hide content

Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere v2 Black Dock for iPod and iPhone on amazon is very reasonable has good reviews has rechargable battery. Just make sure is charged and find someone reliable to run during ceremony. Have them practice before ceremony. Make a play list for ceremony. ie music for dinner, first dance, then just dance music.
  • Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Like 'Get Wed', I feel a bit of a hypocrit saying this, but for my father's 80th that I'm organising I'm using an i-pod dock because we only need background music, the party is in England and my equipment is in NI. We're using my daughter's Bose dock http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=104456&Model=BOSE-SoundDock%20(B)&Productstat=No

Its loud enough for a small party, very portable and has the Bose quality.

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Just remember that whatever you buy you have to take with you, so you could end up using loads of your luggage capacity just with this.

We paid the €150 to our coordinators in Portugal for a speaker to plug our ipod into and a microphone. It worked very well, but we did have the noise of the sea to contend with.

I would be tempted to go back and say that all you need is to hire an amplifier for your ipod and nothing more.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics