Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Curious February 2022 North London

Vegan, gluten-free & nut free wedding cake - North London recommendations

JLJ, 16 of January of 2022 at 20:19 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello,

We are having a more traditional wedding cake that doesn't cater for vegans or anyone with any dietary requirements but also plan on having a second cake that is suitable for vegans and anyone that is gluten free or has a nut allergy (I'd assume it would be unusual to have nuts on a wedding cake anyway?). We'll effectively have two similar sized cakes.

The first one is sorted already but we don't really know where to start regarding the second one. Does anyone have any recommendations in the North London/Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire area?

We live in North London but the wedding is in Buckinghamshire. We don't need to have it driven to the venue as will pick up and take it there ourselves.

Any tips from anyone?

5 replies

Latest activity by Laura, 17 of January of 2022 at 22:35
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    South London but have a look at rubys of London, hummingbird also do nice vegan cakes, so do konditor and cook. Could also do some type of different cake for your guests eg crosstown doughnuts

If you have a quick google you’ll find lots of great vegan bakers in London and most of them also do gluten free options
  • A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    Oh I forgot to mention Vida bakery on brick lane is all gluten free and vegan and is meant to be lovely.

And bad brownies vegan/gluten free options used to be delicious if they still do them and I usually hate gluten free things!
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    Ruby's bakery. They do plant based wedding cakes and can cater for allergies
  • J
    Curious February 2022 North London
    JLJ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all.

Lola's cupcakes also look really good if anyone has ever bought from them.

I found a vegan and gluten free carrot cake which looks very tasty. Doesn't really look like a wedding cake but the other cake is more traditional looking and so we'll just cut them both together. This vegan & gluten free sounds more tasty that than the standard wedding cake we're having. I don't think anyone will care that it doesn't look traditional. As long as we can cut it for the photos I think that will be fine. I'm not a vegan but would much prefer to eat this one Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2023 South East London
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    Vida in bricklane is amazing. Rubys are also nice. I’ve often found Lola’s to be a bit stale tasting but that’s the cupcakes from the kiosks the pre-order cakes might be better? (I’m GF so have tried them all lol). Don’t get brownies … although easy to make gf most people fed up of them lol. Thanks for thinking about guests with dietary needs I normally don’t get cake at weddings! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics