Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

misselle
Beginner July 2013

Vegan’s meal for wedding breakfast recommendations?

misselle, 18 of March of 2013 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 6

I’m probably going to sound fussy however one of our guests have told us that they are Vegan.

Not a problem really except I know in the past she has complained about going to venues and being given either a stuffed pepper, risotto or tomato pasta. So I don’t want to give her that as a choice.

Can you guess what the hotel said they could fix her, yep that’s right those exact same things.

So I’m looking for suggestions from anyone on what Vegan meal I can suggest the hotel cook for our guest as they seem pretty clueless.

I know if I tell my guest what they have suggested she won’t want to cause a fuss and say they are fine but I know that they really aren’t fine. Also considering what I’m serving my other guest I feel that value for money the hotel should be doing a bit more than just a risotto or stuffed pepper.

6 replies

Latest activity by Katie V, 19 of March of 2013 at 11:21
  • Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

I went vegan for lent. It's not too much trouble and quite often chef's relish the challenge to do something a bit different.

For starters I suggest a soup, at the moment I'm having a nice parsnip and apple one. Carrot and coriander is also nice. I went out a couple of weeks ago and the chef did a chicory salad with oranges, cranberry and hazlenuts which was delish.

I am mainly surviving off pasta, so not really much help, but I've been quite imaginative; spinach and chickpeas with tomato, loads of roasted veg with some pinenuts on top. I also eat loads of stirfrys.

Can't really help much with dessert as I'm not a sweet fan, I had a lovely mango soup out though

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Why cant you ask the vegan guest what she does/doesnt like? I'm sure she can suggest something!

I know several vegetarian friends for example that hate mushrooms and/or cheese, & thats what they ALWAYS get in a vegetarian meal.

Here are some recipes for inspiration:

/index.php/?p=275478

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

What are you having for the non-vegan breakfast? perhaps we can come up wioth vegan equivalents?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Vegan risotto? Without butter and parmesan? That's sacrilegious Smiley winking

My wedding dinner was practically vegan (and could certainly be tweaked to be so). Provençale vegetables, rosemary socca (a kind of flat bread which is vegan-friendly), crème fraiche (OK, that would need to be replaced) and pea and green bean fricassee (vegan-friendly).

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I think you should just ask her what her perfect wedding meals would be and go from there. I'm sure she'd give you a few different options, and would probably be really touched that you took the time to ask.

You may find that some of her suggestions would be yummy and suitable for everyone to eat, which could save you some issues, or could be adapted for meat eaters.

Please report back on what she says/what you decide, as I'm sure there will be others with this question too, or people with fussy veggies. I know I will have some fussy veggies at mine, so very interested to hear ideas! x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I went vegan for a while back in university. It actually got me to try a huge variety of things I would never have had otherwise. One of my favourite restaurants in Toronto is a vegan restaurant as a result, and some of the things from there that I absolutely LOVE are:

-vegan burgers with a chick pea patty (they do one called the 'thai burger' with tomato, lettuce, coriander, bean sprouts, and peanut sauce, and it's to die for!) with sweet potato fries.

-beach bowl on brown basmati rice with grilled red pepper, zucchini & sweet potato with avocado, sun-dried tomato, sunflower sprouts, olive oil, tamari, lemon, mixed herbs & grilled tofu steak

-a falafel platter!

Aww man, I miss that place so much now. This gives an idea of the kind of variety of food you could have. The sky is the limit, basically. Why not ask the chef what they can do and just say that you hope for something other than stuffed peppers (also, I agree with footlong about the risotto - no parmesan or butter??).

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

As the others have said, ask her what she'd want. In a group of massive meat eating friends, I am the only vegetarian. They just ask me now what I want, otherwise I always get mushroom risotto or a veggie lasagne! Marvellous....I end up stinking of garlic all day when no one else does!!!

So the best bet....just ask her :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics