Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2013

Vegas and Hawaii combo honeymoon! ideas?

gembo_8, 14 of August of 2012 at 10:41 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi ladies!

Myself and fiance are thinking about going for 4 nights to Vegas and 10 nights in Hawaii - does anyone have any recommendations on travel agent / hotels etc they could share with me?

thanks! Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by Rachalan, 19 of August of 2012 at 13:01
  • F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fawny ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sounds great we fancy doing this for a holiday in 2014 if we can save up again after our wedding! I've got a broucher for a company called Travelbag as was reccommend them by 2 people at work who have booked long haul with them. I'm told they were very good at beating prices from other places & will put packages together for you. Sounds a great honeymoon.

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We got married in Vegas and honeymooned in Hawaii so obviously I think this sounds like a great idea! ?

You might already have thought about it but if we went back to Hawaii we would definately Island hop. We just went to Honolulu, Oahu for 7 nights and that was enough time for us. If we'd have been longer going to see some more of the Islands like Maui for example, would have been nice.

We booked the Vegas part of the trip with Virgin Atlantic the hotel room direct with the Bellagio. We love the Bellagio, it's a classic, really luxurious and a great spot central on the strip. For the Hawaii part we booked with the hotel direct as they had an offer on which included 7 nights, Ocean front room and flights to and from Vegas which worked out MUCH cheaper than any other travel agent or hotel website we looked at so sometimes booking everything you want seperately can pay off it just takes a bit more planning.

After Hawaii we flew back to Vegas for 2 nights and got a flight home from there to break up the lonnng flight home and just because we love Vegas so much.

If you are thinking of staying in Waikiki at all my advice would be to check the hotel's location as there are actually only a few hotels directly on the beach and just for us personally that was an important factor...directly on the beach, sea view etc. I also recommend the heliicopter trip (flying over where Jurassic Park was filmed - amazing!), do Pearl Harbour and also the Island Tours are great, we booked one on a minibus that went all round the Island and it was a hoot.

Happy planning!

• Rachalan
    Beginner April 2016
    Rachalan ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We went to Vegas and Hawaii at the start of the year, we booked through trailfinders who were fantastic and sorted everything out for us. In Vegas I'd definately recommend eating at the top of the world restaurant at the top of the stratosphere, you can book online and it's the perfect way to end your stay as you get an amazing meal with an amazing view.

I Hawaii we stayed in Honolulu for 3 nights then went on a 7 night pride of America cruise - it was such a good way to see more islands, we went to Maui, Hilo and Kona on the big Island and to Kaui then on the last night you sail past the Na'Pali coast which is beautiful (this is where we got engaged!! :-)) We were there at the end of January/beginning of February and at that time of year you actually get to see whales as they migrate from alasca so that was fantastic to see as well.

You'll have such an amazing time, I loved Vegas and Hawaii!! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics