Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Summer87
Beginner August 2015

Veil and train etiquette? With flash

Summer87, 11 of June of 2015 at 06:44 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

I wonder if you could let me know wether there's any etiquette or best practice for the following;

my veil is very long so I was wondering whether to wear this during my meal? We'll be having more photos after the breakfast so I'll have to reattach it if I took it off...

Also my dress has a slight train, so I was wondering do I have this down for the first dance or bustled up and do I wear the veil for first dance?

many thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by Summer87, 12 of June of 2015 at 08:31
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

There is no set etiquette but your choice will be dictated by how you feel and how you are getting on with wearing it, some of my brides have had enough of it by the time they eat, extra long veils like yours do take some looking after on the day, I would say best to leave it off for the first dance and the rest of the evening, as you may find it hard work to mingle, a good option will be cut the cake on the dance floor wearing it so that the evening guests get to see it and then take it off, I dont think there is any need to bustle up your train for the first dance.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I had a bride with a long veil and she carried it on her arm to stop it dragging on the floor all day!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

The answer is no.

You just do whatever you fancy. It's not easy dancing with a train and it's also not easy eating with a long veil. But if that's what you want then do it.

• Summer87
    Beginner August 2015
    Summer87 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. I think I'll take the veil off for the meal, put back on for pics and cake cutting them remove for first dance. I agree, it will totally get in the way during the evening x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics