Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charliebob
Beginner May 2016

Veil and train of dress advice

Charliebob, 25 of April of 2015 at 17:53 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi I have got my dress which has a small train and a cathedral length veil.

I tried them both on today and the veil comes past the train, not by too much.

Is this ok? Or does it have to be shorter?

Also my dress is cream and veil is Ivory, will it look ok?

I wasn't too sure when I tried it all on..

Thanks!

6 replies

Latest activity by estilomodabridal, 7 of May of 2015 at 13:40
  • TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

From memory my veil comes past my train too - I like it!! I think it's probably got to be a personal preference tho, really don't think there's a right way to do it. As for the colour I did want mine to match so veil n dress are Ivory...I think that might be the traditional way to do it, but again if you think it looks okay then it doesn't matter....how come you went for Ivory in the first place? my only reservation might be that the veil may just look a bit off white/argh this isn't the right word but I cantthink of better, but a bit kind of unwashed like, against a white dress...? Have you got a picture of you wearing both dress and veil so we can see?

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I think the longer veils (cathedral/chapel length) are supposed to be longer than the train of the dress. I personally think it looks nicer that way too.

Colour wise it's hard to tell without seeing it but I don't imagine it would look terrible.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

My train is really long so the veil is about the same length and they are both Ivory. I think a longer veil will lovely though, but I'd still be coming in the church by the end of the service if it was any longer!

• Soon2bMrsSmith
    Beginner July 2015
    Soon2bMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

My veil comes quite a bit longer then the cathedral train on my dress and I love it. It's all about personal preference I guess!

As for colour difference, only you would know if it looks ok. Cream and Ivory could work!

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content

I think cathedral veils look beautiful when they are longer than the train!

I don't think the different colours should matter too much either, I doubt it will be too noticable

x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Generally a cathedral length veil should come just past the train of the dress.

Colour wise, the veil should be the same colour, or a shade lighter than the dress- Never darker. I found every company & swatch I got was different, even if they called things the same colour! Do you have a pic in bright light of them together?

• estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

Long veils look better when they just lie outside of the dress train and if it has any detail, then you can see that even more in the pictures. As for the colour, because veils are so light and airy, no one else may notice the colour difference but you. Go with your gut instinct so you don't have any regrets later. Good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics