Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

celo1
Beginner May 2012

Veil etiquette question!

celo1, 12 September, 2011 at 11:29 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

I have a question about my veil, I know my wedding isnt for ages but its been bugging me all weekend and thought I'd ask for opinions from you lovely people ? -

when do you lift the blusher of the veil from over your face? Is it once you've walked down the aisle or at the end of the ceremony and who does it?!

thank you!

7 replies

Latest activity by rachb3, 12 September, 2011 at 20:07
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I've seen various ways. I've seen the bride's father do it as they reach the end of the aisle. I've also seen the groom do it at "you may now kiss the bride".

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

"In the 19th century, wedding veils came to symbolise the woman's virginity and modesty. The tradition of a veiled bride's face continues even today wherein, a virgin bride, especially in Christian or Jewish culture, enters the marriage ritual with a veiled face and head, and remains fully veiled, both head and face, until the ceremony concludes. After the full conclusion of the wedding ceremony, either the bride's father lifts the veil giving the bride to the groom who then kisses her, or the new groom lifts her face veil in order to kiss her, which symbolizes the grooms right to enter into conjugal relations with his bride."

Most of the weddings I cover, in which the bride has a Veil, the bride lifts it once she's walked down the aisle and stood next to her H2B...

But it's your Wedding day, whatever you feel is the most apt is fine!

Hope that helps!

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Just to give you something else to think about, Im going against tradition and not having my veil over my face, i think they look lovely just down the back!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I did. I have the most beautiful picture of it from our tog. Really precious moment.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking about doing this too, but i think i'll decided once i've got my veil.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I did it when I got to the end of the aisle and I did it myself.

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not having the veil over my face, just over the back of my head.x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics