Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HatWed
Beginner September 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Veil just for intimate photos!

HatWed, 1 of April of 2022 at 13:04 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 8
I originally didn't want a veil but after looking at people's photos I am liking the idea but only for photos with me and husband in the more intimate of photos by ourselves... has anyone done this before so not wear a veil to ceremony etc and put it on for when you go out with husband and photographer only?

8 replies

Latest activity by Sinéad, 2 of April of 2022 at 19:55
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

I haven't planned to do this as I am not having a veil after much deliberation as my dress is tea length and the birdcage veil I thought I was going to have will just annoy me being over my face! And a fuller length one will possibly be too much with a short dress.

I think you can do that though, you can do what you want, it is your day! Just consider the attachment of the veil and your hairstyle as it needs to be easy to take on and off without messing up the hairdo!

I also jumped on your post as saw you are from Bridlington! My home town and where I was born and brought up, lol

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    When you said ‘intimate photos’ I first thought you meant like a boudoir shoot. But I now think you mean ‘normal’ couples portraits - is that right?

Anyway, I don’t see why not! You’ll need to consider how to make it work with your hairstyle, but you can have a veil with just any hairstyle, it’s just about choosing the right veil/hair combo.
  • T
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I found this website really useful for finding out about veils https://veilsbyroxanne.com/veils/
  • HatWed
    HatWed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for commenting... will have a look around and see it I like anything then.. only lived here in Brid for 7 years...
  • HatWed
    HatWed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea... I meant the normal couple photos that get done.... will have a look and see if I find anything I like then.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I can’t really help but totally feel the same as you so following with interest! When I chose my dress, I said no veil but seen too many lush photos with them that I think I’ve changed my mind. My current plan is to have one for the ceremony and some photos etc but then take it off - will try a few when at my dress fitting later this month and see how I feel.
    @tamsin - thanks for the link - that’s really useful. Who knew there were so many options!
  • T
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    You’re welcome! I’d also recommend looking at JJs House for a veil. That’s where I got mine and the quality is fantastic! Plus, it’s great value! Veils can be hugely expensive and I honestly don’t know why!
    /Cheap-Wedding-Veils-c6

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    I think it's totally up to you! Have some pictures with it they will be beautiful 🙂
    I love veils I'm having one for the ceremony and pictures. I'm taking it off then I also have a headband/headpiece that lm leaving in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics