Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katy
Beginner November 2021 Tyne & Wear

Veil length

Katy, 3 of January of 2021 at 09:26 Posted on Usage Tips 1 6
Hi all, I’ve spent more than I expected to on my dress and don’t want to buy a veil from my dress designer, as they are overpriced given I won’t be wearing it for the whole day. I’m wondering if anyone remembers from their own fittings - do veil’s come in standard sizes and stay as they are or do they tend to be altered to match the length of the dress?

I’m confident I know I want either a cathedral or chapel style and am wondering if I can purchase one without having to worry about having the dress with me? It has quite a short train so it will definitely be longer rather than shorter than the dress. I’m hoping not to spend more than £250 and intend to go and pick one in person so I can make an educated guess about how it will look, but don’t want it to look messy if these things tend to be matched up very exactly?

6 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkFlowers63608, 2 of February of 2021 at 18:57
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    As far as I am aware, the veil would not usually be adjusted for size. Your main issue is likely to be matching the colour. I am making my own wedding dress and have discovered from my fabric purchasing that there are so many shades of white/ivory/cream. Too white and it can look tacky next to a less white white, and too ivory/cream can look dirty next to a brighter white!
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    Have you thought about Wed2b? Their veils are a great price in comparison to what I’ve seen elsewhere. I’m looking at one of theirs in the chapel length which is 95” or they have cathedral at 125”.
  • Anita
    Savvy September 2021 Surrey
    Anita ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katy, Veils aren't usually altered or made to order unless you specifically get one custom made - which will cost you a pretty penny, that's for sure!

I'm not sure what your dress is like, but I have a brand new, lace edged cathedral length veil for sale if you are interested? It's brand new, and never even been taken out of the package!

Paid £275 for it, and I am ideally looking for £125 as it's new and beautiful quality.

It's such a gorgeous veil... but I've just completely changed my wedding outfit because we've had to postpone due to Covid, so I'm now selling the entire outfit - dress, belt, and veil! Smiley tongue

Photo below for you Smiley smile Feel free to message me with any questions Smiley smile

Veil length 1

• L
    Beginner July 2021 Greater Manchester
    Littlemisssunshine ·
    • Hide content
    I’m currently looking at veils myself. They are standard sizes, you can find size charts online.
    I’ve seen lots of good reviews for JJ’s house and Wed2B.
    I’ve found a nice one on JJ’s house (I’m getting fingertip length), the postage seems to be a bit high but good reviews and worth a shot at£25 (inc postage)!
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

My veil and belt are from JJs House, and are both a great bargain and of great quality. I think my belt (heaviliy embellished) was £25 as opposed to £100+ in the shops, and my veil was £22 for a crystal edge fingertip two tier veil on a comb. Again, a fraction of the cost of even Wed2B!

My BM dresses are from JJs House, too, and again, brilliant. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, I was very pleasantly surprised.

Hope this helps

Ali

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

I got my veil from this lady: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/i-do-bridalshop?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Highly recommend. You can buy samples first to check the colour (and I'd advise this, as I thought I'd be clever and order without checking and the colour did not match at all - so I returned it, ordered samples and reordered the correct colour). She will do alterations and additions too.

(Plus she's UK not China!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics