Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner February 2024 Durham

Veil or no veil

Katie, 13 of February of 2024 at 21:40 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 7
I get married on Sunday, I've always been adamant I don't want a veil but everyone keeps saying I'll regret not wearing one.

I feel like my dress is very detailed at the back so don't want to cover it up.
I'm looking for advice - veil or no veil?!? XxVeil or no veil 1

7 replies

Latest activity by Beglin, 16 of February of 2024 at 16:27
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794
    • Hide content
    I wasn鈥檛 sure either but I鈥檝e got one just as I didn鈥檛 want to not have the option. I鈥檓 sure I鈥檒l wear it in the ceremony and maybe for a few pictures and take it off for the rest of the day. I鈥檓 definitely not going to have it on for most of the day but I think it鈥檚 good to have one to put on just in case before the ceremony.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135
    • Hide content

I didn't wear a veil and I have zero regrets. 1) I hate the symbolism of it (yes, I know weddings are full of symbolism and I'm not arguing for ditching every single thing because of the original meaning, but some things irritate me more than others 2) Having something stuck on my head even for the ceremony would drive me crazy.

Our photographer was gutted because he said veils make for some great photos and kept nagging me to get one, but I ignored that. I wanted any photos we had on the day to be a reflection of who we are as a couple and me wearing a veil would not be true to that.

If you have any doubts, maybe try one on and see how you feel about it. But don't get one just because other people tell you that you must. There are so many things people say you 'must' have, but all you 'must' have are the legal papers, the registrar/officiant and two witnesses (oh, and someone to get married to, of course!) Everything else is optional.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135
    • Hide content

Just realised your wedding is three days away - in that case, I'd say definitely no veil because you don't want the hassle of tracking down the right one so last minute. Plus, I think if you 'really' wanted one, you'd already have tried one on. It sounds to me as if you are just having a last minute wobble about how you want to look because everyone else is telling you that you're wrong. So trust your gut feeling!

• L
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne
    • Hide content
    I done a post with the same dilemma 馃檲 . I decided to buy one , I鈥檓 still unsure tbh , but I really wanted the pics wearing one , I don鈥檛 plan on wearing once they have been done xx
  • C
    Beginner August 2025 Worcestershire
    Claire
    • Hide content
    That dress is beautiful, so I don鈥檛 think a veil will matter too much.
  • L
    Beginner August 2024 Somerset
    Luxuriousbrownconfetti64563
    • Hide content
    I would just have a simple veil as a back up that you possibly don鈥檛 want to wear but may want to for the service and some photos. You can take it off afterwards. It鈥檚 completely upto you and you don鈥檛 need to listen to anyone else and do what makes you happy because it鈥檚 the look you are comfortable with and dream about. Having both options if you're not sure is also a good idea.

I鈥檓 wearing a huge detailed veil for the ceremony and then taking it off, no veil all day. You need to think about what hairstyle you prefer also, is it best without, no pressure from anyone else.
  • Beglin
    Beginner May 2025 Surrey
    Beglin
    • Hide content
    Have a long plain viel. It will look lovely, then if you want, remove it at your reception. Perhaps, order one and see what it looks like beforehand x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics