Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

veil.... over your face or not???

29 April, 2010 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 14

I dont even have a dress yet let along a veil nut have just been looking through some wedding pics on FB from my friend. She had her veil over her face. I havent seen this very often as I know most brides tend to wear them hanging behind them.

Wondering who is doing what?

Pointless post.... im just nosey!!!

x

14 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 30 April, 2010 at 14:28
  • Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to wear mine over my face, was umming and aahing about having one anyway but have now decided to. But I certainly don't want to cover up my freshly made over face when I make my grand entrance! <attention seeker alert> ?

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

Pointless me posting, I won't be having a veil at all. If I did though, I probably wouldn't have it over my face.

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok, she said what I was thinking?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to have one. I intend to have it over my face for the walk down the aisle then have it lifted over for when I say my vows. I figure I only get to wear one once so might as well wear it properly!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking that I'll have it over my face for walking down the aisle and then have someone (not sure who?) lift it up when I get to OH.

I think Purrfectgems has a really nice photo of her with the veil over her face.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not wearing mine over my face. I thought about it, and tried it out but decided against it. I don't want to get the bottom of my aisle and then have people trying to put it straight (i'm paranoid it'll be wonky and styicky out) and don't want it to pull out my hair ?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I am not spending a fortune to get my make up done and looking half decent (I never wear make up and generally look like i've been dragged through a bush!) to cover it up with a veil. I want everyone to look at me!Smiley laugh

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

I tried mine on and tried it over my face but I got really hot and sweaty quickly and I felt a bit of a prat....so no, I won't be!

• itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SamSam your profile pic is of the shoes my sister had for her wedding! She had her veil over her face right up until her brand new husband lifted it to kiss her! It was lovely!

• itgirlno1
    Beginner June 2010
    itgirlno1 ·
    • Hide content

I forgot to say what I'm gonna do with mine! I've always thought I'd wear one over my face and then h2b can lift it when I get to him at the front of the church but I get really red faced and sweaty even at other people's weddings - can you imagine me at mine? Poor hubby will lift up my veil to a be greeted with a soggy red-faced bride...not attractive

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Over for me. I don't think it hides your face/make up at all because the veil material is so fine and delicate. I wouldn't have felt like a bride without it over my face.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thanks. I didn't actually read this until I posted so I'm glad I did now.

My bm lifted my veil when I got to the bottom of the aisle as I wouldn't have said my vows with it over as I would have felt strange doing that.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

this is defo not pointless!!!

I am an over face kinda girl!! I cant wait til they say that we are husband and wife and G puts the veil back!! Smiley smile i love a fairy-tail!!! Smiley smile

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I love that photo Lynsey, you look so happy in it!?

Plus I've not seen many (any?) photos or been to any weddings with the bride wearing the veil over her face so it's really nice to be able to visualise it IYSWIM

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sam. I don't look so happy in this picture as nerves had kicked in well and truly and I was trying so hard not to burnt into tears. This is about 30 secs before my smiley picture walking down the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics