Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner February 2014

Veil Prices - £115 reasonable?

Follies123, 8 of July of 2013 at 14:52 Posted on Planning 1 32

How much is everyone spending on their?

I'm literally only wanting to wear mine for the ceremony and just want a single tier short (shoulder length) veil. I'm not sure if I am just being a lil cheap but £115 seems a lot for this and especially seen as I will only have it only for a very limited amount of time.

Is this price quite normal?! If so I will just bite the bullet and get it but thought it might best to get an idea of what's average (ish!)

32 replies

Latest activity by Tinajblossom, 26 of October of 2023 at 08:12
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from wedding veils direct for about £30. I think £115 is about average for bridal shop veils but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much.

I designed mine online in the light coffee colour I wanted to match my dress. I was really impressed with the quality. Pics in the report link in my sig if you want to have a look.

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

£30 bargain! I've splashed out on my dress and hair dress and just can't bring myself or justify spending £115 on something I won't be wearing for that long!

Thank you :-)

P.s. you looked amazing!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Sad to say I'm not feeling 115 for a short veil, I could possibly understand a longer one or one with an intricate design!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

You should contact Margaret....Pink Margaret as she is known! She makes veils and is so reasonably priced and the veils are amazing. I know so many people who have had one from her, and no unhappy customers!
    Mine was a chapel length veil (so to end of my dress) and has drop crystals down the edging. It was two tier, with a pencil trim and I paid £77!!!!

Let me find her email. ALl you do, is email her, tell her what you are after and she will quote you. She will even send samples if you want. Or you can send her a pic of your dress and she will suggest things.

************@*****.***

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo thank you! I will give her an e-mail and see if she can give me a quote, glad I'm not the only one who thinks £115 is a lil OTT!

(I'd quote if I could but have no clue!)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

The one's I've been looking at all range between £75 and £140. I've looked at cheaper alternatives but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and I'm scared of ordering one to be made because I don't actually know the lengths/widths etc I want, I just know what it looks like!

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

Mine has been quoted at £100, but to be fair it is being made to match my frock by my lovely designer lady. Its not cheap, but I figured my dress is costing enough, so may aswell get it right with the veil. I expected them to be more.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit gutted I've paid £145 for mine! It's mid length 2 tier with a lot of crystals but probably could have got something much cheaper!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I too would recommend Margaret. I had a 2 tiered, finger length veil with baroque crystals. It was 2yrs ago, but that was less than £40! I saw one almost identical in a shop for £200 at the time!

She sent large samples of tulle so I could check the colour against the gown, answered emails within the same day & even offered a money back guarantee if I didn't like the veil. No wedding shop was going to do that.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Margaret can sort this for you. I fell in love with an Elizabeth Dickens veil and told her which one etc and she created mine from that!! The shop price was £155!!!!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Ho Hum....I just bought my Elizabeth Dickens veil on Saturday - £220 for a 126inch veil!

I don't care, I love it. Prettiest bit of net certain I have ever owned.

(secretly gutted)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

off to email Margaret!!

• Woody13
    Beginner July 2013
    Woody13 ·
    • Hide content

My Veil from Margaret cost £48 and is a beaut!

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

So I paid £260 for a Richard Designs veil... However this is probably not the norm! Unbelievably that was a 'cheap' price for it as 3 other shops said they could do it for £300 and £350! It's a 126inch one with a detachable long train, embroidery around the long tier and the short tier and crystals, I think the embroidery detail is what makes it pricey, as most embriodered ones I saw were that sort of price in the long lengths.

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    Kitles123 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £157 for medium length two tier with crystal trim. I would say £115 is normal x

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I've e-mailed Margaret so fingers crossed she'll be able to help me out :-)!

xxx

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Errrrm no! In a wedding shop they are that much but I would never pay it. I paid £16 off wedding veils uk and it was to my spec. It was lovely, and my cousin has since borrowed it for her wedding. My sister has also got hers from there and her's in longer with more layers and still only cost about £25

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Mine was second hand from a bridal fayre. The person selling it paid £200 odd for it (cathedral length) and was selling it for 30.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same. £250 for mine! I just didn't think anyone would be able to copy how delicate and sheer it is.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Mine was £55. It's a short one (just past shoulder length) and has little diamantes on it. I think I got a bargain!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I'm gladyou contacted Margaret. She made me a copy of a chapel length (long) single tier with loads of crystals scattered all round the entire edge of the veil which should have been £210 in the bridal shop. It was £55 by Margaret and felt exactly the same quality as the expensive one (don't ask how I know, I really probably shouldn't).

• **Shelley**
    Beginner October 2012
    **Shelley** ·
    • Hide content

I also got mine from Wedding Veils Direct and only spent about £30. Mine was short but sooo lovely and was exactly what I wanted as I desnied it myself!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Who is this amazing Margaret? Will she take requests of anyone? I want a veil but like you OP, potentially only for the ceremony, and I'm not wearing it over my face or anything, so I don't want to pay too much for a glorified hair accessory!

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Margaret from me.

I paid £24.99 + postage for a single tier chapel length cut edge veil - as my dress had quite a bit of detail on it I wanted a plain veil with no sparkles etc. It was a beautiful veil and went with my dress perfectly, the length matching my train. It was my bargain of the wedding. Margaret was really helpful, gave her view on the type of veil which would go with my dress and sent me some samples so I could pick the right shade of ivory. I can try and find a picture later on if that helps anyone.

I didn't want to pay a lot as I anticipated taking it off straight after the ceremony but ended up keeping it on until the evening Smiley smile

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Who is this Margaret you all speak of!!! Does she have a website! My wedding isn't till June but if she is about to increase in popularity due to all these great reviews I feel as if I should contact her now before she gets too busy or increases her prices!!!

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content

Would love to see a piccie if you can dig one out, my dress has a lot of bling on too so I'm only wanting something simple too!

Margaret Queen of Veils!!!

xxx

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

First attempt at posting a pic so apologies if it comes out huge/wonky/otherwise odd looking...

This is probably best pic I have of veil, at final dress fitting. My dress was lace with quite a bit of detail and originally I was in 2 minds about having a veil as I didn't want the detail of the laced back lost under it but it was fine (and probably helped by protecting most of my frizz prone hair from the drizzle during photos!)

Hope that helps, sorry for the delay, been super busy!

• R
    Beginner August 2013
    Riablo ·
    • Hide content

I was dreading how much a veil would cost but I got a perfect one for me from Shropshire County Brides for £43.

I got my dress from their in February in a sample sale. I like to try things on so ordering online wasn't a good option for me and I've been short on time, especially as I keep having to travel to the UK from France at weekends.

Shropshire County Brides were great. They let me try on different veils and they recommended what they thought looked best, we all agreed and I went for a very fine short two tier veil with satin trim and delicate diamante features. I am thrilled with it and was very surprised at the price. That was full price, no sale and certainly no hard sell.

I would recommend them. (I'm also thrilled with the dress I got from there!).

• N
    Beginner December 2013
    NorthernBelle_79 ·
    • Hide content

I've paid £315 for mine Eeek! But it does have a stunning crystal veil clip attached and is cathedral length. I know the price is extortionate but I fell in love with it as soon as I put it on. I'll only be wearing it for the ceremony and photos though so have had to buy a seperate tiara too!!!

• J
    Beginner November 2014
    Jo-marrying-Eric ·
    • Hide content

Hi there :-) I paid £20 off of eBay for mine. It's a cathedral length with tonnes of embroidery down it. I would really recommend checking out eBay or the Hitched for sale bits if you want to save some money and you don't mind second hand!

So long as you're happy with it then go for it though.

Jo :-)

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I contacted Margaret but she was only about £10 cheaper to make the one I originally wanted. I'm in the middle of bidding for one on ebay (currently £14.95!) which appears to be pretty similar. If it arrives and I don't like it then I can wear it on my hen do or sell it on again on ebay. It's worth a shot if it's going to save me over £100.

• L
    Beginner July 2024 West London
    Lesley ·
    • Hide content

Hey all!

I know this is a really old post, but does anyone know if this Pink Margaret veil maker still exists please?! Does she have an email address or website I can reach her at?

Thanks Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics