Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Love&Lavender
Beginner September 2014

Veil Width

Love&Lavender, 6 of March of 2014 at 09:30 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all,

I am just about to order my veil from Pink Margaret and am unsure of what width to go for. I tried a veil on in the bridal shop that I loved, they told me it was Chapel length but didn't mention the width. Margaret mentioned you can get a standard width but that some people go for wider.

Has anyone on here gone for a wider width? Would anyone mind flashing me their veil to show where it falls either standard or wider width? Ideally I want one that will come round my arms a little.

Thanks everyone.

10 replies

Latest activity by Love&Lavender, 10 of March of 2014 at 10:01
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Like this one do you mean, I think you will be looking at a wider one for going over the arms a little

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bill, I am guessing you don't know what the lady in your photo had ordered?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Could you not call the bridal shop you went into and ask them? It's not something I've heard of before - varying length yes, width no.

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am the same, I hadn't heard of varying widths but now I am wondering!

The bridal shop aren't really giving us lots of details about the veils as they know I am trying to buy one elsewhere. My mum took some samples in to match against the dress last weekend and they wouldn't let her look at the veil I had tried on before...

I think I might just bite the bullet and go with standard width ?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Or - pop into/call another birdal shop and just ask the question, There's no reason for them not to answer Smiley winking

Edited

I just did a quick google search and found this:

http://www.occanseydesigns.com/whatisfullness.html

It makes sense that the longer the veil the wider it will be, but I think there;s a difference between width and fullness. I you gather a veil into a tiara then it will appear fuller at the top at least, but it will also depend very much on the srtyle of the veil. I think I'd go into a different shop and have a look at theirs. You don;t have to buy, but at least you can get a better idea of what you want.

hth

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry no, but I have seen many over the years and if you want it to be the same or longer than your dress length (Like this picture) then they do tend to be wider anyway, perhaps you just need to tell them that you want it just over your arms. What I have seen a lot though with this type/ size of veil is that there is a lot of it and it has somtimes become an issue to deal with all day.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Oooo I've never asked or heard people mention widths, usually just the length.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hiya - I have no idea if this helps but when I ordered mine from Wedding Veils Direct they offered three widths - 54in, 72in and 108in.

I went for the 72in as I wanted it a bit fuller (to fall over my shoulders a bit) but as the veil was only waist length I thought 108 might be too much.

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

Kharv- your dress is beautiful. That is helpful too Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ahh cheers.

I think the 54 might have fallen in more of a column in the middle of my back? I could be wrong though! Ha!

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content

Just a little update- I ordered my veil this morning, went with the standard width (72 inch). I can't wait to receive it now. Could be a long 10 week wait!

Thanks for all your help everyone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics