Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2013

Veil with Saree?

GretnaGreenBride, 21 of April of 2012 at 21:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

As my evening dress I will be wearing a saree and was thinking of adding a matching veil of some sort? To try and incorporate both cultures in the wedding more ? Do you think this will look silly? Help girls?

Preeya xx

5 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 29 of December of 2020 at 14:12
  • K
    Beginner August 2012
    kate.s ·
    • Hide content

Personally i cant picture a saree with a traditional type veil. Is it a traditional type your looking for? I think the idea is great though!

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, personally I wouldn't have a veil with a sari, i think it looks a bit odd. Sorry, that's just my personal opinion! Are you wearing a "western" dress for your wedding? Why not have a veil with that and go without for the reception in the evening?

My fiance is white (...do i have to say "caucasian" to be PC?!) and I'm Indian. I've gone for a "fusion" dress - structure similar to western dress but in red with Indian style antique gold embroidery. I'm wearing a matching duppatta for the civil ceremony and religious ceremony but will take it off afterwards as I want to show off my dress!! That way I've incorporated both cultures and keep everyone (inc myself) happy.

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, just thought - how about a small birdcage veil but made in the same colour(s) as the sari instead of a traditional veil?

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

I actually think it can look really nice:

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m black and my fiancé is half Indian/half white.
    I’m not wearing a sari as my heritage is Nigerian so will be wearing Yoruba traditional in the evening but I definitely think you can wear a veil with a sari.
    All saree’s come with a headscarf (basically a veil) so surely you can just sit the scarf as a veil or alternatively dye the veil to match your saree.
    Have a lovely day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics