Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Veils

Hayley, 21 of March of 2022 at 22:11 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 15
Who is having a veil?
Where is good to get a white one?
My dress is white with some colour in. I'd really like to wear a flower crown and am wondering about having a very simple, plain white veil to wear with it. Not sure on length either. Thanks.

15 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 23 of March of 2022 at 15:03
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I got my veil from jjshouse and the quality is fantastic. Plus it only cost £30 for the veil and delivery, bargain! They do lots of styles and colours so worth looking
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you, that's really good. I don't want one over my face so I think I need a 1 tier, hopefully that's right.
  • T
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    The tiers refer to the number of layers. You can wear a 1-tier or 2-tier veil either over your face or not depending on your preference. I chose a one tier chapel veil because I want one the same vague style as Cate Middleton, which goes over my face but is quite lightweight.

I found this guide really informative and helpfulhttps://veilsbyroxanne.com/veils/ it’s broken down into sections about length, tiers, etc.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah brilliant, thank you. I really like the look of Chapel length ones too but not sure how it will go with the rest of my wedding. I've got a white dress with coloured flowers. We're having a registry ceremony then festival reception. Maybe a shorter one will be better. I'll be wearing with a flower crown too.
  • T
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I plan on taking mine off after the pictures, so that’s an option too. We’re having a Church wedding, followed by a reception in a garden / marquee / village hall. The veil will be great in the church and for the pictures but I think the general consensus is that long veils are quite inconvenient after a while 😂 lol
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yes I can imagine they are. I am having a flower crown so think it will be best if I can incorporate it with that somehow and keep it on as long as possible. Will keep thinking. I've got until September, although time is flying isn't it!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

I am going for a birdcage veil similar to the pic as my dress is tea length 1950s style, my only worry is that I don't think I want something over my face after the ceremony so I need to work out how to have my hair so I can take the veil off. I am sure my hairdresser lady can suggest something. Fingers crossed, I have until July so time is moving on! Aghhhh! Good Luck

Veils 1

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have a simple one tier one that comes half way down my back and it will be going up and under my hair so wont cover my face but also means I can take it out later. I think you could have similar with the flower crown, if you went to long or layered it may look too much with the crown

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a lovely look. I'm sure hairdressers are used to such questions. My poor florist is going to have to answer mine about my flower crown. Not long now, how exciting Smiley laugh
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, sounds good. I think you might be right, and a shorter one might be best with the crown. I only want a plain one without any edging or lace.
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks yes I will ask her. I have also seen it so that the veil goes over the bun at the back of your hair and not over your face which could be an option that I would be able to keep in.

Very exciting times for all of us!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes, sounds like that's what Charlotte is thinking of.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Less is more, if you get me! Mine is lain with diamanties round the trim for a bit of sparkle. for plain have a look at this one, you can select the length so you can measure from your head and see how far down you want it and order that length

Simple Soft Veil Single Tier Rounded Edge Long Veil | Etsy UK

• B
    Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester
    Bee ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having a one layer veil that falls to around my shoulders, not having it over my face. My dress is quite intricate at the back so although I loved the chapel length veils, they would cover the back of my dress.
    I bought mine from the dress shop as they did a veil and jewellery package. Might your dress shop have something similar?
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds lovely. Thank you but I've already got my dress and it was a bespoke one on Etsy so not from a shop as such.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics