Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

panda2011
Beginner September 2011

Veils for a Diamond White Dress

panda2011, 5 August, 2011 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have seen a veil I'm tempted by but I can only get it in ivory or white. My dress is a diamond white. Which colour would be a better match? I can't ask the shop as I'm not talking to them at the moment after my nightmare first fitting!

5 replies

Latest activity by Knees, 20 September, 2011 at 14:30
  • sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, sorry i cant help much Panda, but interested to know what others put as my dress is Diamond White and am too struggling with what colour veil to wear. I know ive spoken to one bridal shop and they suggested a Antique White veil would match a Diamond White dress x

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

Ordinarily I would say ivory, but it really depends on the shade of ivory as some are really cream.

Definitely not white though. True white has an almost bluish tinge to it (its very bright) and against a diamond white dress you run the risk of your dress looking dirty/yellowed.

I bought an ivory veil for my wedding and when it turned up it was more cream than ivory and was far too yellow for my dress (which was very light ivory - pretty much diamond white). So I went around to a few different shops and that was when I realised that ivory tulle can be very light as well, but you need to see it with your dress to make sure!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic, some very helpful answers there! Starstruck, that is really interesting. I think I might need to pop into a few shops.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

Sorry know this is a old post but just wanted to tell you about deity bridal veils they have diamond white veils to match im assuming its a maggie same as me! They do samples as well ive ordered some to just double check the colour. Ive heard very good reviews on this place and they are quite cheap which is always a bonus!

Sorry if you already have your veil sorted but thought it may be of some use xx

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Some of the online veil shops do Diamond White. My dress is diamond white, so I was going to get one of them, rather than have to lug my sample dress around all the bridal shops to test out the colour!

However, my SIL2B offered me hers which is ivory. I was convinced it'd be too creamy but it's so sheer that it's really fine. Plus, it's only a short veil (just below the shoulder) so it doesn't even touch the top of my dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics