Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Veils on a budget

8 of February of 2015 at 10:51 Posted on Planning 0 19

I've decided I do want a veil but will only need a plain classic style. The shop are selling them for around £150 and I have already gone way over budget on my dress!! I've seen some ladies on here have bought veils online and it does look as if this would be the cheaper option - can anyone recommend any online shops for veils?

19 replies

Latest activity by Clare61086, 15 of February of 2015 at 00:50
  • bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I havent bought mine yet but i intend to get it from here

http://www.theweddingveilshop.co.uk/beautiful-brides.html

they are cheper than other places ive seen and you can design your own.

if your near blackpool, they also have a shop you can go to.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was looking here as well but I don't know what they're like in the flesh, would be interesting to see if anyone has any experience.

There's no way on earth I'm paying more than £100 for a veil. I was honestly shocked when I found out how much they were in the shop!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Pink Margaret. I don't have her new email address, but many hitchers have recommended her. I bought mine 3yrs ago now, but I got a 2 tier with crystals for £32. She sent samples of tulle to match the colour and pick the texture I liked and offered a money back guarantee- something the shop ones wont do.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Yeah i got a free sample and it seemed ok but i'll be going to their shop next time im home to check them out.

i'll have to let you know.

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

I don't know where you are based by Oxfam have many specific bridal shops across the country - my friend got a lovely veil in Leatherhead which was ex runway and had never been worn other than by a model for a shoot - it was £32 but would have cost much more new.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrs.S-to-be-2015x ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from the lady who is doing my dress alterations. I think its one she made her self. Plain and fingertip length and perfect for me at a tenner Smiley smile

Might be worth ringing around/visiting a few alterations shops to see if they have any?

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

There was a beautiful veil that I wanted from the shop I bought my dress from. But I couldn't justify £96 for netting. I actually found a perfect replica on ebay for £9.00! I was dubious, but it was from a wedding shop seller, who I'd already bought my perfect bridesmaid dresses from! Maybe ebay could work for you too? Smiley smile

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I see this lady around a lot on Facebook in the wedding groups. She makes veils and gets very good feedback.

https://www.facebook.com/claireliza.donoghue1?fref=ts

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My two tier, fingertip length veil with crystal edging was £65 from veilsdirect.com and it was beautiful.

I went there in the end after a recommendation from another Hitched bride and I don't regret it.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I'll second pink Margaret, she made my plain chapel length veil n it came to about £30 and it was perfect. She's lovely, sent some tulle samples out and will remake or refund if you're not happy. I'd more then recommend her!!

• X
    Beginner July 2016
    xxbeckyxx999 ·
    • Hide content

Hey TreacleTart, do you have her contact information? Just had a quick search and I'm not sure which email address will be her new one

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I used ****@*******.*****.**.** but she has also got another one which I can't remember, I know I used the alternative one once and she replied to that too so must use both! X

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine on ebay for £35! It's a cathedral length veil and in great condition. That's if you don't mind it being second hand! I couldn't justify paying a lot of money for something I'm only going to wear during the ceremony. Good luck!

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    PurpleDayDream ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

Not sure if this has been resolved, I didn't have chance to read all the other messages.

I got my veil from http://www.weddingveilsdirect.co.uk/ and it arrived in a couple of days.

If you want budget, mine cost me £33!!!! It was perfect. Exactly what I was looking for and gorgeous quality.

I was a little wary but figured, if it's not right, sell it on ebay and try again, but it was perfect.

It's effectively Build your own veil. You pick all the details you want, and then it gives you a price at the end. They sent me a couple of photos to show me what it would look like, and I was very excited when it arrived.

Hope that helps and good luck x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of getting mine from veils direct but didn't think much of them from the pictures. Sounds like they're better irl so I might risk it. It's just hard to know what length and width to go for without seeing what it will look like on.

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    PurpleDayDream ·
    • Hide content

I looked at a few in shops and at the Wedding Shows, so had a rough idea of what I wanted. I knew I wanted a short one, so picked the shortest length, and it was a bit of guess work with the width etc, but it seemed to work out.

The pictures worried me too, but at that price I figured I didn't have much to lose. As I said, I was really happy when it came through, so I would definitely recommend it.

I understand though, it's nice to try them out in person first.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I bought my veil from http://www.theweddingveilshop.co.uk/ and I'm over the moon with it!
    I was a bit worried at first as there were no pictures of exactly what I wanted on their website but after emailing them & being sent samples I went for it and I'm really pleased with the overall result.
    I have an ivory hip length veil with rhinestone edging and scatted crystals & diamantés, it cost me £70

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Ive got one for sale if anyone is interested.

Its only ever been tried on, I bought it from a fellow hitcher but it doesn't go with the dress I've subsequently chosen so have decided to sell it as its too pretty to sit in a draw never to be used!

Its a 2 tier with a pretty white scalloped edging to it. Would be looking for £50 for it. I've also put this in the for sale forum and if anyone wants pictures then message me as i've no idea how to add a picture to a post! lol

• C
    Beginner June 2014
    Clare61086 ·
    • Hide content

BubbleRawk and AnnaMolly, I got mine from the wedding veil shop and was really happy with it, great quality. Cost me about £65 when the bridal shop was asking for about £150 for the same type. Their customer service was great as well - really quick at responding to queries.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics