Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Estina
Savvy October 2024 Gloucestershire

Vendor Slilence

Estina, 7 of January of 2023 at 13:51 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 12

We are wondering what to do.
We saw a lady at a wedding fair and connected with her. We then waited from September to December for her to contact us to organise a chat which was on the 12th December. She sent a quote on the 23rd and said we needed to decide in 2wks. We are in the 2wk window and we have emailed twice and heard nothing.
We are now concerned that she has decided she doesn't want to work with us.Should we let it go or assume she's busy.H2B wants to wait saying she's no doubt busy but I'm worried. That if things are like this now can you imagine the wedding. Am I being dramatic

12 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 19 of January of 2023 at 13:29
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    When did you email her?
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I emailed on Monday to ask a few questions and then on Wednesday I emailed again to say we wanted to go ahead.
    Each time no reply
  • R
    Beginner July 2023 Hampshire
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Personally I think I would find a new vendor because first impressions are usually an accurate representation of what is yet to come! X
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I think too. It's cos she does flowers and decor together. I said this to my H2B and he reckons she's just busy but I'm not feeling it
  • R
    Beginner July 2023 Hampshire
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It may be a good deal and a good arrangement but reliability is far more important in my opinion! You need your planning to be as less stressful as possible, not more stressful!! X
  • Estina
    Estina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I know, it's such a shame cos she's a recommended supplier for our venue. I feel anxious just thinking about it. I'm back to the drawing board
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    There’s every chance she’s away (although your out of office should be on) or something has happened. Go with your gut
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a view from a wedding suppliers side of things, January/Feb is the lest busiest time of year.

So as its the least busiest time of year she could be taking the opportunity to go away. But if I am already in a conversation with a couple about a possible booking and I do go away then I let them know how to contact me as I am happy to speak to them whilst sipping cocktails on the beach!. But that's just me Smiley sexy

• L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    If you’re getting bad vibes now, I’d just cut your losses and find someone else.

The florist our venue recommended to me didn’t get back to me within a month, despite 3 emails, and a number of unanswered phone calls. We found someone else who suits our style/vision even more (they’re just further away), and we got an instant good feel from. Sometimes if it doesn’t feel right, it just ain’t worth the worry of “what if”.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would find someone else. She seems to take a very long time to organise anything, but then expects a fast turnaround from you. As Bill said, she might be on holiday, but if she's expecting you to respond within the timeframe that she is away, it seems odd that she didn't say anything. Most small businesses announce any closures for holidays on their website/social media.

• Deborah
    Beginner June 2023 Central & Glasgow
    Deborah ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with what others have said and have also had this experience myself and gone elsewhere. It doesn’t create a good impression and would make me worry about their reliability on the day. Plus, I didn’t particularly feel like a valued customer so would rather take my business elsewhere! Good Luck!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Something to add is to always make sure that you check your junk box - especially if you use hotmail/gmail as it can be sooooo sensitive to what it thinks maybe spam.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics