Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2017

Vendors- when to chase

PengAly, 8 of September of 2016 at 14:17 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello,

Me again! Just wondering when do you start chasing vendors? We have found our DJ after speaking with him for a couple months (met him as a wedding fayre), we went to visit him during the set up for another wedding and then had a phone call where he has offered us a great price. We booked him and he sent through a contract which I signed and returned yesterday and am now waiting for him to send me the countersigned copy. Now, thing is we are paying him the full amount in cash on the day, its done this way for the discounted offer which is way i'm getting impatient about having that contract returned. The DJ is a good guy, we spoke a lot and we mainly just WhatsApp each other (as he is always on the move with gigs). And he only Emails us for the important booking stuff, he texted me saying he will make sure to send me the signed copy but as of today no contract yet. Now, it has only been one day so when should I chase him again? I dont want to annoy him but also I dont feel as if DJ can be ticked off our list until I get it back-specially as him signing it and returning is the only thing securing the date. Am I just being paranoid?

7 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 17 of September of 2016 at 12:37
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Give the poor bloke a chance, it's only been a day! We're just coming out of peak wedding season, so he may be very busy. I'd say give him a week before chasing.

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

You are right, I can get a bit panicky about booking things (specially in this case where no deposit is being paid!). But he has told me throughout the last 2 months that he's been super busy so I won't bother him...a week? I may worry about that time, would it bad if I waited until end of Monday?

I guess weddings bring out a lot of worry in some of us brides!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I'd give him a week. Like MadamRed said we're just coming out of peak wedding season so everyone is mega busy. I enquired with a baker for our cake and have to wait until 8th Oct to meet them as they're so booked up! x

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

Thank you- I know you girls are right and I should just calm down with ti and will give him a bit of time. He has committed to me over the phone, met us and sent me a contract to complete. I'm sure it will be fine- just don't like this whole paying cash on the day thing, but then again it's gotten me a very good price!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

We had no contract with our DJ, paid him cash on the day & everything was fine - he was amazing! Try not to worry, it will all be fine - he's probably just busy over the weekend xxx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'd allow a week if it's to be printed and returned via post. I do contracts electronically then there's no waiting.

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

Hi, so i asked him this past Tuesday about haveing the contract signed and returned and he said he'd do it that same day. 4 days later and still dont have it, its not going to be posted eifher- just scanned. What do I do? I dont want to annoy him by asking again but I need this back

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

H you checked your junk folder? If it's not there and he said he would definitely do it Tuesday, no harm in emailing him and telling him you haven't received it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics