Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LoveBug1950
Beginner May 2015

Venue advice, any Bristol Brides?

LoveBug1950, 15 of June of 2013 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

We are very close to securing a venue, but I'm having a little wobble, frightened that I might have missed something.

We are on a tight budget, did not want to spend more than 3k on venue, including ceremony and food, etc. Are there any Bristol Brides out there that can help? Where did you get married? Any hidden gems in this beautiful city?

Also, has anyone on here got married at Arnos Manor hotel, or The Hilton?

Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Momma, 17 of June of 2013 at 18:16
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Yay a fellow Brizzle bride!

What kind of venue do you want - hotel, hall, etc? Westbury on Trym village hall is fantastic and very affordable, if you don't mind going for a more informal day. It gets booked up mega quickly though! The Southville centre is similar but a bit more expensive, again this is villagey hall kind of wedding.

We also considered Paintworks - don't know if you want something more modern but this place is wicked and you can do what you want to it. Last time I checked, hire fee was £1000.

Have you looked at Arnolfini or Mshed? They hire out their huge spaces for weddings. What about Glassboat or Riverstation?

I know these are all quite modern, somewhat quirky places...if you wanted something a bit more traditional, Avon Gorge hotel isn't as expensive as you'd think, particularly in the less popular months and it does have those amazing views!

Hope that helps. Feeling all happy thinking of Brizzle... :-)

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Although looking back on my post, I've probably made your wobble even worse!

Arnos Vale and Hilton (is this the Cadbury one?) are lovely too :-)

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LauraWin ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I'm a Bristol based bride to be too! I love the look of Westbury on Trym village hall but am ideally looking for something a bit more rural, ideally with cottage accommodation, B&B or camping on site. Does anyone know of cheaper farms / barns around Gloucestershire or Somerset? I've looked at a lot online and they are all at least £3,000 just for the space (or field pus cost of hiring marquee). There just seems like there is nothing that is actually affordable!

• LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

Ideally, I would like a hotel, mainly because I really love the idea of all our family and friends staying at the hotel and all coming down to breakfast the following morning and keeping the celebration going that little bit longer.

Also, I don't want to have to fork out on cars and worry about how our families and our four children are getting from one venue to another if we decided to have the ceremony and reception in different places, as no one in our families drive. I always said to my other half that we could get married at Ashton Gate (he's a huge city fan) but when we first started looking it was way over budget. At the moment they are currently doing an offer but I'm not so keen now Smiley sad

Arnos Vale is not perfect, the carpet has seen better days and the paint is slightly peeling on the ceiling of the chapel, but it pretty and I do like it. But shouldn't I love it?

I did fall in love with the Hilton (the one in Bradley Stoke, Cadbury Hilton is MEGA expensive) but I think I more fell in love with the enthusiasm of the wedding planner than the venue itself, she was really nice and great with the children and its about 25 minutes from where we live.

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hey there Bristol Brides

We are having 2 venues, ceremony on the SS Great Britian ( not a cheapy but intresting) then going to Circomedia on Portland Square for Reception, there are loads of hotels close so you could still have that Breakfast next morning if you state that your stopping at X hotel ... but Circomedia is not including Food but they are very accomodating and you get perfomances included in the cost of the Package - but food is not covered. But My budget is not massive but not that tight either. I think we will just be under 10K in the end for 120 ceremony and 150 evening guests ....

But if you go the the Bristol wegbsite it states which venues are licenced for Weddings

http://viewer.zmags.co.uk/publication/805cc42b#/805cc42b/1

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/births-deaths-marriages/approved-venues-for-marriages-and-civil-partnerships

it gave me and the OH ideas when we were working out what we wanted

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

If you don't mind travelling a bit, Leigh Park Hotel in Bradford on Avon offers a fantastic mid week deal of less than £2,800 for the whole lot.

I am getting married there next year and have been more than happy with the service I have so far received and it really is a beautiful venue. The pictures don't do it justice. I too am on a budget.

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Coombe Lodge, Blagdon which is near Bristol. LauraWin try Wiltshire? Wick farm is one off the top of my head x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics