Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2024 South West London

Venue available in Devon for Easter weekend 2024 - great deal!

Laura, 17 of October of 2023 at 19:39 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me posting here.

Very sadly, my partner and I have just split up which means that the venue we booked for our weekend wedding is available Easter weekend 2024. We booked two years ago and because of that we got a great rate (prices have since increased 20% and the fact that it was so far away we didn't attract the premium 'Easter' rate - which now 60% higher than the price paid).

The venue has released the dates for re-sale, but we are also trying as want to make sure we aren't on the hook for the full hire charge and means that someone will be able to get a great deal versus if they went directly to the venue!

The venue is a private dry hire country estate in Devon with 20-40 bedrooms (you can pick how many you require). It is available from Fri 29 Mar to Sun 31 Mar. There's no corkage and you can bring whatever food/caterers you require. The venue doesn't require you to have staff but do have some available to come in and help out with cleaning, bar tending, housekeeping, etc. It really is an amazing place!!

Please get in touch for more info if you might be interested - or if you have any ideas on how we might find another couple!

Thanks v much!

4 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 24 of October of 2023 at 13:40
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    Commenting to boost the post.

Sorry to hear about your split. That's so generous of you to share the details to save a couple some money.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I understand what has happened - as it was so far away they did not realise that your date was Easter that year and so they booked at their normal lower weekend price.

But I am not sure how your idea might work as the venue have already released your date for bookings at ( I assume ) the "correct" higher Easter rate and I would of thought that they are not enthusiastic about booking it again at the lower "wrong price" that you had.

• L
    Beginner March 2024 South West London
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both for commenting - much appreciated.

Yes that is exactly right Bill - it really would be a great deal - if the right person is out there!!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

So are the hotel saying that if you can find a replacement then they can have it at your old lower price and you will not have to pay anything for cancelling. However as they are advertising your date as available now if they find a replacement booking first for it they will be getting 20% more price increase + 60% more for it being Easter and would also be charging you a fee for cancelling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics