Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SakuraYuna
Dedicated November 2016

Venue Booked!

SakuraYuna, 7 of December of 2014 at 17:53 Posted on Planning 0 6

Sorry, this probably doesn't interest anyone but I'm excited!

Got engaged in May and have only just today booked my wedding venue! I found it really tough as I really couldn't afford more than £6000 for venue and food but felt like all the really nice ones were more than that (we really wanted a Saturday). I'm happy with my choice now though Smiley smile

Bonfire night 2016 here we go! Smiley laugh

6 replies

Latest activity by kimiu, 8 of December of 2014 at 08:30
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yay! Congratulations! Bonfire night, how lovely

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ?

I love bonfire night - fond memories of watching all the fireworks out of the hospital window when I was in labour with my first Smiley smile

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I remember how excited we felt when we booked our venue. Where are you getting married?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations. You make the venue you, if you know what I mean. ?

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hadley Park House Hotel in Telford Smiley smile

Telford isn't exactly super close to us... but my friends and family live in Birmingham (we currently live here too) and my OH friends and family live in Cheshire so at least it is sortof in between. Need to sort out legal registrar bit still. Job for tomorrow perhaps! When booking so far in advance do I need to know what time I want?

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    mrsh2b89 ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine got married there a couple of years ago, it's a lovely place! Also off to another wedding there next year Smiley smile

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Firstly, not all counties/districts will even consider taking bookings this far in advance, so don't panic if they say you can only book 12 months ahead....just get it in your diary so that you are on the phone to them just as soon as you are allowed!

We booked our registrar as soon as we had booked our venue - and that was 14 months in advance. We had to give quite a few details including where we wanted them to come to, and what time we wanted. We then had to pay a £100 deposit which comes off our final bill.

So, yes, definitely have a time sorted before you give them a call. Also, have a second choice time, just in case they are already booked up for your chosen slot.

Exciting times!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics