Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2015

Venue booking nerves!

Jayla, 5 of March of 2014 at 16:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

So after much thought, discussion and number crunching we have decided on a venue! Argh!!! Very excited, but also nervous. We've got to make an appointment to confirm and pay the deposit. I absolutely love the venue, but the cost of everything makes me question things to the nth degree! Am I the only one or is this quote normal?! Dreading looking for photographers and dresses! Ha ha!

7 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 5 of March of 2014 at 21:51
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Yay! this is your biggest expense so you are bound to be nervous but then the fun will begin ?

What venue have you gone for, I would love to see.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

We have the same problem!

We backed out of one venue cos it just didnt feel right, almost at the deposit stage with this one and I'm so nervous! Its just so much money! lol

Im sure once we actually book them we will feel over the moon! Its just taking the leap!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry, I'm the exact same! We were talking about when we were going to go and pay the deposit and I realised that meant actually spending the money and I felt so nervous about it! Silly really, but I'm sure it's common. Like others have said, once it's done I'm sure it will be fine

• W
    Beginner December 2015
    Wammel ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same too! Booked service place though, eek! I have had breakfast / reception place earmarked as a 'potential' long before we got engaged, but now it's time to commit and show them the money, I feel a bit nervous! Our wedding isn't until Dec 2015 so seems odd to be deciding now? (Realise I have to as lots getting booked around then already!).

when do you have to sign on the dotted line? I just found my self ringing a venue that is WAY over budget for a quote 'just in case', I think I need to feel I've checked / tried everything?!

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

We have booked a golf and country club. Sooooo different to what I imagined I would have. I was thinking a traditional hotel wedding, but it's very modern in feel. It's not the biggest, which is my only concern, but the food is amazing and that's really what I'm paying for. It has a balcony with gorgeous views and lots of options for photos. Exciting!

The photos show the room we will have the wedding breakfast in (we will have round tables, with white chairs) and the empty room is the bar and dance floor area. We have 64 guests in the day and max numbers in the evening is 120. We don't have a lot of friends and I hate evening receptions where the place looks empty so hoping it'll be ok.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

Wammel - ours is booked for 2/5/2015 and it does feel too early really, but I wanted to get the venue part out of the way so I can do the fun stuff like dress shopping! Hopefully signing on the dotted line this weekend. Df left the decision up to me so taking my dad with me to make sure he approves! We are getting married in a church and I booked that last week. I've been nosing on this site since 2009 when I got engaged so I can't really believe that it is actually happening.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've just never spent so much money on one day and I want it to be right. At the end of the day though I'm marrying my best friend and that's the important part. As long as my guests are fed and watered I'll be happy! X

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

I feel like that too!

We got a quote back for a marquee with everything in and food. I couldn't believe how much I am going to be spending!

But I just think that if that is where you see yourself spending your day and celebrating the start of your marriage then that is what you need to focus on. I doubt on the day you'll be thinking how much everything costs- you'll just be enjoying it all!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Looks gorgeous and I don't think the size will be an issue. Like you said, it won't look empty!

May 2015 is not too early to be booking things at all so don't worry. Good venues/suppliers get snapped up quickly!

Have you got an idea on the dresses you like?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics