Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner October 2022 North Yorkshire

Venue changing ownership - what to ask?

Threadgold, 9 of November of 2021 at 23:37 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hey! I was wondering if anyone had experienced their venue changing ownership between the time you booked your wedding and the actual day?

We've just heard today that our wonderful venue is changing hands and I can't help but be anxious. We've had an email to say that our wedding package will be honoured which is good to hear, but I'm worried about the new owners changing the venue itself. Looking at their other venues they have a specific taste (statement stately home) and I can't imagine how that might translate to our very rustic, relaxed castle setting.

Would you have any advice on questions to ask the new owners and how to prepare for changes?

1 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 10 of November of 2021 at 08:37
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ยท
    • Hide content

The fact you have written confirmation the package wont change is a good thing as it should mean you wont be asked to pay more or they will change the offering. In terms of other changes, you must find out if they have renovation plans and what that time line will be, as it could impact the way you use the venue, such as certain areas could be closed off if they are doing work, but more importantly, they are not doing works on your date. i would ask them for a meeting and explain your concerns and that the reason you booked the venue was due to the look and feel and you are concerned changes may impact that and see what they say. good luck and I hope it all works out ok

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics