Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Savvy October 2024 Kent

Venue contract

Crystal, 4 of October of 2022 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 3
In your contact, does it mention that the price can be increased?

Is this expected?
Is there anything specific that I need to look out for? About to start looking at ours before we put deposit down.

3 replies

Latest activity by Crystal, 6 of October of 2022 at 23:00
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I saw a post on here a few months ago about a venue contract that had basically a blank cheque to increase the prices. Rather than saying prices could increase by X% or by inflation as at X date. There were a lot of negative comments so I don't think it is normal for there to be a no limit increase. But if you are booking years in advance then they may want the ability to adjust prices but I think it should be clear how much it could increase by so you can decide whether you are comfortable with that risk.
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    Ours states that food prices may change (not those exact words!) but our venue price is locked in
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks, after checking it turns out this refers to mainly the bar services or anything we haven’t booked that we choose to get added on after we sign the contract. Our prices won’t change and I guess that makes sense as we’ve bought under the 2024 prices which they’ve clearly accounted for with regards to inflation that might pop up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics