Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss Twizz
Beginner February 2014

Venue Contract

Miss Twizz, 13 May, 2013 at 17:59 Posted on Planning 0 12

Well my contract with my venue arrived in the post this morning for me to sign – very exciting ?

I think everything is covered but having never booked a wedding venue before I really don’t know so I was hoping for you lovely ladies to have a look and tell me if there is anything you think should be on here for my peace of mind or if you have/had anything else that I have totally missed!

Just to be clear, this is a contract for a reception only at my venue, no civil ceremony as we are marrying in a church.

Confirmed Package:
Sophisticated white table linen
A glass of Bucks fizz on arrival for each of your guests
Three course Wedding Breakfast for 60 guests from put Ivory menu + coffee
Two glasses of wine per person served with your wedding breakfast
A glass of Sparkling wine to toast
Toastmaster
Complimentary room hire
Bacon Rolls for 60 evening guests
Resident DJ
Complementary Honeymoon Suite for Bride & Groom + breakfast

Notes & Special requirements:
Should your numbers fall below the minimum number requires then a room hire fee will be charged.
Hampshire Suite – minimum numbers 60 or £500 fee
Grand Ballroom – Minimum numbers 100 or £1000 fee
Additional Day guests will be charged at £49 per person
Additional evening guests will be charged at £9.95 per person
Please note that if you decide to hire your own DJ, there will be a fee of £100

It then goes on to say some stuff about payment instalments and cancellation policy which is a page long so not going to type all that out! If I can figure out how to upload documents (even if that is possible?!) I can add it later!

Thank You ladies xx

12 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 13 May, 2013 at 23:58
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. One thing that has come up before is venues have put the prices up to meet their new prices for that year. Nothing says they might do this so hopefully that won't be the case.

What stuck out for me is the resident dj part. Have you seen him in action? I wouldn't be booking anyone I hadn't seen as I see evening dos a lot and the different in atmosphere when there's a brilliant dj/band to a bad one is very apparent!

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Daffodil! They did say verbally that prices would stay at the 2013 rates including room rates for guests. The 2013 room rates are set out on page two. The total cost of my package is written on the contract under the list of what is included so I thought that was enough, could they still up it then if I have signed a contract with a package price on it? It doesn't say anything in the smallprint on page two about them being able to adjust the price either. I might call them and see if it can be put in writing too though just incase!

Og dear is it bad that I seem so suspicious?! I have just heard so many horror stories and people telling me left right and centre to double and triple check everything in writing that I think I am becomming a bit obsessive over details which is sad! I just really don't want to be one of those horror stories...

I had wondered about the DJ too Daffodil, we have asked for details of the DJ and we plan to do reseach (OH really into his music and used to DJ himself!) so if need be we are happy that we can have our own DJ id he turns out to be unsuitable.

Thanks for your help and advice! xx

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

That all sounds Ok but sounds as if the other part of the contract is the most important part.

Do those prices include VAT and is there a service charge added to the final bill.

Does the contract state the prices are fixed or is there are chance they can go up between now and the wedding?

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cerysrichards ·
    • Hide content

Hello i work in a hotel and i always advise my future brides to cater for 90% of their evening guests as otherwise there is always lots of left over food, we are only catering for 80% at ours!! check your t&c's to see if they set a minimum number for evening catering.

do they include a cake stand and knife for you?

most hotel's have the standard wedding contract but please be aware that this is a legally binding contract and that if you breach it eg need to cancel or postpone they can use it in court to claim for loss of profit. xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure but if it's in the contract they can't so I'd personally get them to add it.

Great minds ?, glad you thought that about the DJ too. It sounds like that would be a very important part for your Husband so would need to be right and it's great that you are prepared to get a different one if they are not suitable.

Anytime!

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content

Well here's the second page - if this is readable! I am hoping that it will open full size when clicked on so it can be read..... I don't know how to upload documents otherwise or even if that's possible, sorry!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I just enlarged the text on my screen and it looks fine ?, unless there are any additions you would like to add.

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content

the accommodation prices are stated on the second page and says those rates are valid from 01/01/13 to 31/12/14 but doesn't specifically mention the wedding package price being fixed. This was agreed verbally but I think I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them to add this just to be sure!

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content

Ok good, thanks again Daffodil! Good to know that someone else has agreed I haven't been a total twit and missed something obvious that would trip me up later. And great minds indeed ? the resident DJ was the main thing my OH jumped straight onto - he is going to be fussy and neither of us have any problem saying no if we don't like the DJ - we don't mind paying the extra fee to have our own if we need to, we got a good deal on the rest of it so happy with that and as you said; it is a very important part for mu OH!

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well it's only bacon butties so it doesn't really make a difference to our cost, knowing out lot they will devour more than their fair share anyway! For every guest not wanting a buttie there will be one to eat theirs ? we would have done the 90% thing if we had gone for the full on buffet but our wedding breakfast is going to be so late in the day we decided against a full on buffet and buttes were the perfect option. Everyone loves a buttie after a few drinks anyway ?

And yes the venue provide a cake stand and knife too.

Thanks for your input hun xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Yea I love music too and with it being the evening entertainment, it has to be good! Would love to know what venue you have chosen, even if you have to private message it to me.

• Miss Twizz
    Beginner February 2014
    Miss Twizz ·
    • Hide content

I've PM'd you Daffodil, we were really lucky with this place! I was starting to worry we wouldn't find anywhere we loved that was also in budget but these guys put together a really great winter package for us ? so excited now! ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like they are helpful!! It will be here before you know it too. Off to look ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics