Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SoonToBeMrsH
Beginner January 2012

Venue Contracts?? Advice please

SoonToBeMrsH, 23 January, 2011 at 22:37 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello, I'm just after a little advice with regards to our venue please...

We have chosen our venue and are ready to pay the deposit, the only thing is the owner only likes to hold a few weddings a year (ours being one of these) the only thing is they don't have a contract of any kind for weddings.

I don't know where I'd stand in terms of insurance if anything happened without contracts.

I was thinking if I write a letter with the cheque with date of wedding, what has been discussed when we have met and amount of deposit. I would also request confirmation in writing that she has received my letter and deposit.

Does this sound ok?? If not, what would you suggest??

4 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 24 January, 2011 at 09:30
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that sounds a bit odd. Maybe call one of the wedding insurer providers and get some advice? We are using John Lewis who were very helpful.

Hope someone here can offer more advice in terms of the legal issues. Good luck

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

An email is contractual. It's understandable if they only have a few wedding a year but a contract is hardly difficult to put together.

If they are serious about their stuff they should have one really.

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I don't think i'd be comfortable without a contract myself.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't be happy handing over money for something without proof of what was agreed. I don't see why they can't just type up on headed paper, in detail what service they are offering you. If they don't I would type one up myself get them to read it and if agreed both sign it, just tell them your insurers insist on it. My dress may have been pre-loved but I asked the seller to write a receipt out for it as I wanted proof of purchase in case I needed to claim, but then I am a worrier!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics