Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abigail
Dedicated March 2023 Northumberland

Venue Decor

Abigail, 24 of January of 2022 at 20:05 Posted on Planning 0 10
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some venue decor ideas? Or tell me what they’re doing? I’m wanting to create my own centre pieces but not sure what I can make/do.

I also don’t know what other decorations will be needed apart from centrepieces 😂 so any help is much appreciated.

10 replies

Latest activity by Eli, 26 of January of 2022 at 00:03
  • Eli
    Curious July 2022 Somerset
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    I want to do my own decor as well.
    I want to incorporate candles as flowers can be expensive.
    You can look for ideas on Pinterest I’d found lots there. But it depends on your wedding theme and aesthetic you are going for. I think candles are really nice, but maybe not for you or maybe you already doing those. If you know for sure your theme you can look for decir that fix your theme or think of the things you like and then that can be your team. Each our own beautiful wedding. I hope this helps.
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Eli! Thank you!
    We have a burgundy/blue and gold theme going on (almost beauty and the beast big Disney fan) but I’m struggling to come up with ideas on how to make it look classy and not tacky etc. I’ve seen a few ideas. We also love candles; but want to incorporate flowers into it and have no idea where to start. We were happy to go with artificial flowers but they’re not cheap either, and no idea where to look.
    The isle as well, are you decorating your ceremony room? If so how you doing this?xx
  • Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love beauty and the beast as well, I just thought could be cute if you could get pots and candelabra like lumiere and Mrs Potts but maybe that’s too much, but nice ones porcelain ones they are pretty fancy, just a thought. Flowers are crazy I looked into artificials as well and same they pricy also I found in Etsy couple and not super expensive. For my aisle I want to do a flower frame kinda but I think I read baby breath are not super expensive and they cover a lot of space so mixed with some peonies or something might be fine I want a garden ceremony and so I don’t think I want to decorate much. I’ll look on Pinterest beauty and the beast wedding stuff and will get back to you, it’s really lovely theme.
  • Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    I just find this ones. And I think they are really cute, some are a little childish but I think no of them are tacky at all. Looking at the pictures I remembered Bella loved books books are great and they are always elegant. I think the one with the single rose is beautiful and elegant, also sometimes less is more so you don’t really have to do or decir a lot couple really nice things can be great. Hope this helps a little. Venue Decor 1
    Venue Decor 2

Venue Decor 3

Venue Decor 4

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a heads up on candles that some venues will not allow them - or not allow a naked flame, so best to check your plans for them with your venue.

The best fake candles I have seen are the ones that have a little metal piece for the flame that wobbles from the heat of the bulb.

• Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!

I was going to buy fake anyhow, due to a family member having a fear of candles/fire. So will look out for the ones you recommended x
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh that’s a good idea!! I’m deffo going to look into that! See if it’s possible to!
    Thank you for all your help it’s much appreciated! I’ll let you know if I have any joy!

Yeah as for flowers. It’s so difficult as I don’t wanna spend a fortune but looks like it might be costing quite a bit for them. I’m gonna order my bouquet off Etsy, although it’s pricey but they’re gorgeous. Seen some small bouquets in the range for bridesmaids for about £10. I’ll see if I can link them for you (more colours on store it’s more for price and inspo for you) Buttonholes not to fussed about, but seen some on Amazon for about £15 for a pack of 6 which isn’t to bad I’ll see if I can link those for you also! I’m hoping I’ll find cheap ones to make my decor with! Xxx
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Venue Decor 5
    These are some of the ones I mentioned above
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    Venue Decor 6
    Venue Decor 7

Venue Decor 8

Venue Decor 9

Venue Decor 10

Sorry the first lot didn’t upload
  • Eli
    Eli ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are great thank you I’ll find some that I like the red roses one are gorgeous I think the might be great for your theme. But I think I’ll do the same on Etsy we can find nice but budget friendly ones, weddings are so expensive is crazy we need to save as much as we can so we can splurge in other things more important. I hope you have a lovely wedding. And please keep in contact. Have a good one xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics