Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Venue Decoration - Balloons ??

cl10, 26 April, 2011 at 12:50 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi there I was just wondering if anyone is considering having/ have had balloon decorators in to decorate your venue. Would you recommend and how much do you think would be appropriate to budget towards this ?

Many thanks
Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by englishrosebride, 26 April, 2011 at 21:30
  • MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

We had balloons to decorate ours, as we couldn't afford flowers everywhere (we just had flowers on top table) - for 10 table displays and a massive balloon arch with pillars we paid £140.

Unsure where you're based, but if you're in Kent you can't go wrong with our supplier - I've added her link below but her website doesn't do her work justice - the balloons were fab!

https://www.wildballoons.co.uk/

xx

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We're having balloons but doing them ourselves as there's no room in our budget to get a professional in! I've been quoted upwards of £200 from a couple of places. In the end, we picked up 50 silver pearlescent helium-quality balloons for £6.99 from Hobbycraft, a tank of helium is about £30 - £40 and we'll plonk them around the room ourselves.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I was considering as we know someone who owns a card/balloon decoration company but in the end balloons just didn't seem right for our venue. If you're in the NW area I can find out the company name so you can get a quote.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

It depends on what you want to do with your balloons. I f you want an archway or something more intricate, then I would recommend getting a professional/someone qualified to do it. If you want a few boquets on tables etc then they can be pretty simple to do yourself.

My OH has qualifications in balloon art (if that's what it's called?!) and I have helped him decorate venues loads of times, for different occassions and different budgets. If you decide to do them yourselves and need any advice, give me a shout!

Here's some pics of some of the bits we've done;

(Simple arch - Wedding)
    (Simple bouquet - Wedding)

(Foil bouquet - 21st)

(Simple bouquet - 30th)

(Bouquets together on a table - Engagement party)

(Flowers - engagement party)

Please excuse the quality of some of the photos, and my I please just add, concentrate on the displays and not the background, some of the venues are not to my taste" ?

xxx

• E
    Beginner October 2011
    englishrosebride ·
    • Hide content

We're not having balloons as I'm not a fan of them generally (in any setting for anything at all). We were actually talking with one of our possible florists about why they often do balloons too and she said it was because they make such huge profit on them compared to the flowers. I guess if you want them to make your budget stretch then maybe you could consider some diy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics