Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2018

Venue decorator or florist?

Lilacbouquet, 6 of March of 2018 at 16:52 Posted on Planning 0 1

I have a venue decorator booked for table cloths & runners, chair swags, candy cart, table centres and their flowers, and the top table flowers.

I haven’t really been 100% from the start but I had an offer that was too good to pass, so over a year ago I paid the deposit. When I paid some extra a few months ago, I had to chase for a receipt. Then when the receipt came through the deposit wasn’t on there! This has since been rectified.

She told me to go on her Facebook page as there was some similar decorations for the table centres that I am having, so I went on and looked and I can’t find anything remotely similar, and the top table decoration was tiny! I’m sure it was lovely for that couple’s wedding as they had a smaller table but I am after a nice size (nothing extravagant but my top table is seating 10, long story).

I sent through some pictures of centrepieces I liked as she didn’t seem to understand what I wanted. Next to each picture I said a small note so say what I liked, for example, I like the fullness of this one and the spikey bits of this one, something smaller than that one etc. Then she came back to me and said it would be more expensive as I had changed my idea as it was fuller! I am finding this rather frustrating.

The candelabras are £18.00 each to rent and the flowers are £27.00 each, then the top table flowers are £60 and are supposed to be approx. 1m with lights.

My query is this, do I try and show her for the fourth time what I am after and just hope that everything will be fine and stop panicking, or do I ask my florist who is already doing my bouquets and church flowers to do the table flowers as well? We have known the florist for a long time and she is good with my bouquet ideas. I can buy some martini vases for just under £18.00 and then sell them on eBay afterwards to get some money back, I don’t know how much she will charge for another 3 weeks for my second appt.

1 replies

Latest activity by Lilacbouquet, 7 of March of 2018 at 13:09
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to be aware that when you book cheap, newly established suppliers off Facebook the quality you'd get from an experienced trader for 3 x the price just won't be there.

She may have low prices due to low overheads and low investment in stock. So if you're sending over suggestions of stuff she doesn't own then she'll have to buy it.

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

I met her at a wedding show and I won a voucher for discount on her products. The issue I am having is lack of understanding, not an item for hire.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics