Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alyj66
VIP August 2014

Venue deposits paid :0)

alyj66, 26 of July of 2013 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

We popped to Wasdale Head, Cumbria to pay the deposits for our Wedding part 2 - The Blessing. We visited St Olafs Church first so that we could figure out the decorations, I just love that Church more and more, it's absolutely perfect for the number of guests, it will be full!

St Olafs

The staff at Wasdale Inn were fantastic, we booked the rooms and agreed the menu which was nothing like I had originally planned! OH decided on a hot carvery, lamb, beef and a ham cooked in burgundy with all the trimmings and I managed to sneak in a cheese cake. I'm very very happy with all the decisions and they kindly gave us our room for nothing.

How the restaurant will look on the day
;

And the last thing that I've tried to keep a secret but can't anymore as my dress for Wedding part 1 - The Legal Bit arrived today is that we're getting married 2 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've had to change the date for the first part for various reasons and gave notice on Tuesday before heading up to Cumbria. So here's some flashes of what I've put together in the past few weeks.

I've had a bowquet made from Ditsy Brides (in a very short space of time, they were amazing!) I've had the something old pin incorporated into the ribbons.

We're having an informal BBQ in the evening with a trial of next years cake as a centrepiece. I'm so excited about both ceremonies because they are both totally different but still meaningful even though they are now a year apart.

7 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 27 of July of 2013 at 17:09
  • Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

WOW!

I actually gasped, so beautiful (all of it!) Darn having to wait but it will all be lovely.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely gorgeous! That must be the sweetest looking church that I've seen and your venue looks fab - what a lovely location!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Wow - what a gorgeous church and reception venue!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Looks amazing!!! Any spare guest invites going?? ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

All looks lovely Aly - love the church you've chosen and your bowquet is amazing - great idea!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies. The church is simply wonderful, it was so warm in there but we're going to have designate a light monitor. There are very few lights in there, which I really like, but they're on a timer so they kept going off after 10 minutes o so, adds to the charm. I'm so excited and very lucky to be having 2 ceremonies that are totally different. I chose the bowquet for the legal bit as I didn't want to use my brooch bouquet and now I've seen it am hoping that one of the BMs will carry it next year.

DW, if any spare beds become available...you're there.

2 weeks today I'll be legally married ? but the Blessing is the one that will be more meaningful. It was quite difficult explaining to MiL to be the why's and wherefores as to why I want 2 ceremonies but we got there in the end.

I can't stop grinning.

• carbynel
    Beginner August 2014
    carbynel ·
    • Hide content

I love that church and all the rolling countryside. It's absolutely amazing!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It's going to be amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics