Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

whitewine33
Beginner September 2014

Venue double booked!

whitewine33, 10 of September of 2013 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi this is my first ever post.

I have planned a village hall wedding for october 2014. All dates were available in october at the hall so we got penciled in and booked the church, hotel room for the night and booked photographer.

For the last 2 months ive been trying to pay the deposit on the hall but either the woman was on holiday or not answering the phone. After going down to the hall and texting all the numbers supplied on the wall, and emailing the venue i got a reply saying i needed to complete a registration form which i sent off yesterday.

Since the woman is on holiday AGAIN till the end of september a meeting was arranged then to pay the deposit and discuss the requirements e.c.t.

I have just received an email this morning saying ....."Bad news i am afraid. Whilst i was away the 18th oct was booked. So sorry to spoil your plans. Both weekends before and after are free"

How is this possible if i could never contact anyone to pay the deposit!!

Do i change the venue? or change my date? ?

10 replies

Latest activity by Hoddy, 12 of September of 2013 at 18:52
  • Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

How fustrating for you!!! I;ve got to say if it has been difficult to book the venue and they don't appear to be very easy to contact if it was me i would change the venue, if they are that hard to get hold of before you have even booked i can only imagine that you will run into difficulties with them once you have booked and you wont want that stress further down the line!

• whitewine33
    Beginner September 2014
    whitewine33 ·
    • Hide content

Very true!

The man who showed us round was lovely and really helpful, it seems to be the secretary who is useless. I have emailed back saying we were penciled in for that date so wait for a reply and see whats said.

Will keep you updated

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I'd change venue TBH

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Unless you can't mimagine getting married anywhere else, I'd change venue. Even if the secretary is away, there should be someone else available to take deposits. Doesn't bode well for the organisation of your day!

• whitewine33
    Beginner September 2014
    whitewine33 ·
    • Hide content

She has messaged back saying nothing is booked until deposits are paid. So im fighting a losing battle.

Ive seen another venue which is closer and just as nice but they dont have my date Smiley sad

So i think either way im going to have to do some shuffling of dates. I just hope the church can do that!☹️

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

What a shame, they're not doing themselves any favours and their service sounds awful.
    If you need to change the dates anyway i'd change the venue tbh, i wouldn't feel comfortable booking with them incase something else went wrong.
    Unless it's a really special venue that means loads to you both i'd change it x

• smoothcrims1
    smoothcrims1 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a nightmare! I guess you won't want to mention the name of the village hall?! It doesn't start with a "H" and end with an "n" does it?

James.

Wedding Entertainment

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So "somebody" was available to deal with your booking whilst she was away on holiday as they booked another.........

Why could this person not have been made known to you by the venue?

I am with many of the others......poor admin would be a worry for the day itself.

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Whats the letters inbetween James?????

Peter

• whitewine33
    Beginner September 2014
    whitewine33 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm it might do? Have you ever dealt with them? Looks like ive found a new venue £900n cheaper and beautiful views so maybe it was fate i didnt get the date?? ?

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good news. I was just going to suggest changing venues. You can't trust unreliable people like that with such an important day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics