Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2023 North Yorkshire

Venue doubts?

Jade, 11 of May of 2022 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi all,

We have provisionally booked a venue for July 2023 and have a meeting coming up to settle deposit etc. I absolutely love the venue and is exactly what I was looking for (Manor House but rustic style). The only doubt I have is it’s close to a main motorway. When viewing you couldn’t hear the noise inside the building but in the beautiful walled gardens you could. The coordinator assured me on the day you won’t hear as 70+ guest are there plus they play music outside etc.
The venue is an hour away for most guests and I think I’m just worried people will talk and say why has she brought us up here near a motorway! 🙈 silly I know! Anyone else had venue doubts? It’s so much money and we aren’t getting any help so I think I’m starting to panic a bit about committing to somewhere! If I feel like this should I continue looking?
Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by Adele, 12 of May of 2022 at 12:31
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at any online reviews? Unless this is a very new venue, I would expect that you would find complaints about the noise levels if it were going to be a problem.

If your wedding is in October, presumably a large part of it will be inside anyway?

I honestly don't think it will matter - once people start talking to each other, they'll tune out any background noise. And if people are going to criticise your venue choice for being by a motorway, they're not the kind of people you should be inviting to your wedding in the first place!

Focus on what you love about the venue and don't worry about that pesky motorway x

• J
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for this I think your right! I’ve just updated my profile as originally we were thinking October however have now moved to July. The venue coordinator was lovely and I did bring it up, she said it’s not noticeable on the day due to number of people and music being played. She did say she wouldn’t personally recommend an outdoor wedding in the walled gardens however that was her personal preference!

I think im just getting slightly jittery due to cost and it being right. We’ve not viewed many venues purely because we’re sticking to around £10.5k for venue/food so didn’t want to view anything above this and end up falling in love with somewhere I can’t afford! Reviews are all great and they host a lot of weddings so obviously doesn’t bother people (venue is Shotton grange in Northumberland) might have helped if I put that just in case anyone has been.
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,

I also had venue doubts so I know the feeling. We provisionally booked Beamish Hall which is pretty close to where you're getting married. It was the second venue we viewed and we just loved it so much and we set our date. Very stupidly I had bookings to see 3 other venues which I should have just cancelled but seen as I had the week off work and I am nosey I went to them. It ended up totally messing with my head and we almost changed our minds. I understand about you having second thoughts though because it is such a massive amount of money to book a nice venue. I also panicked a little bit when it came to committing to a place.
    I don't think the road sounds like it would spoil the day if it can't be heard when a wedding is on. Just think about why you have chosen that venue and how it made you feel when you viewed it. But I do think the panicking is a normal thing when you're paying for everything yourself without family chipping in (we are in the same boat for that too). I have not been to a wedding at Shotton Grange but have been on the website and it looks like a lovely place for a wedding ❤️
  • J
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Adele, oh wow beamish hall is beautiful too! I think it’s normal to feel this jittery isn’t it, I’ve almost done the same tonight and was going to book another venue but I really can’t get this one out of my head so we’re going to stick! Let the planning commence!
  • Adele
    Savvy March 2024 Durham
    Adele ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you can't get it out of your head then it sounds like it's the venue for you. There are so many gorgeous venues in the north east and it's hard to choose one. I can really relate to you about the doubts and I wish you so much luck with your planning ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics