Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Venue dressing. DIY or Venue Dressers???

ShellyMc83, 23 of February of 2015 at 21:43 Posted on Planning 0 4

Not sure what to do about having our wedding venue dressed. The hotel can provide the chair covers but thinking about the table centres etc and dressing for the ceremony room as we're having it all at the one place the hotel.
What's everyone else doing about the decorating?

4 replies

Latest activity by Clairebo, 23 of February of 2015 at 22:47
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We had a company in that put all the chair covers on, then we picked and bought all the centrepieces, but we just made a mock up and took a pic and then on the day the venue put it all out for us.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

We are fortunate in that our venue doesn't need a lot of decorating. It will be mostly little extras such as some flowers, candles etc. We are hoping not to spend too much money on it.

I think you can pay for a starlit backdrop or draping, but this can be pricey.

Otherwise bunting and balloons can work and I have seen origami decorations too.

One of my favorite blogs is London Bride:

http://london-bride.com/category/london-real-weddings/

You might find some inspiration from some of the photos.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

We are like you all in one place at a hotel. We have a company, 2 lovely ladies, doing our venue dressing. Chair covers and sashes. Table centrepieces with table mirrors, cake table decorated and top table decorated with swags etc. obviously it's all hired and they take care of the setting up etc. the chairs are used for both the ceremony and after for the wedding breakfast. All other things like favours and place names H2b will put out (god help me!) as he is staying the night before at the hotel. If we want the hotel to do this they charge £100!! X

• S
    ShellyMc83 ·
    • Hide content

The hotel can provide us with chair covers and table centre mirrors obviously for a chair but they don't provide anything else.
    I'm not sure about the favours and place cards will have to ask.
    I was thinking of maybe getting table centres from the florist we get but again that would be pricey!
    Grrrrr!!!!

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Shop,around for florists. First one I went to wanted £75 for my bouquet and £52 for bridesmaids bouquet. Found a lovely small florist and mine is £60 and bridesmaids £25. So you may find one that will do centrepieces for a good price. Just check if the hotel charges for putting these (and place cards favours etc) on table or not. Lots of hidden costs in this wedding planning lol x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics