Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gurzle
Beginner April 2013

Venue dressing - fairy lights/ ivy and organza in a barn

Gurzle, 24 February, 2011 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0 1

Morning Everyone

We are having our wedding reception in a beautiful barn in Essex, and I basically want a very simply decoration - in that all of the flowers are going to be white and cream with green leaves and the chair covers too. What I would really like is some twisted ivy and white material wrapped around the beams too - any ideas how much we would be looking at paying and if wedding dressers will do such a 'small' job? There are three rooms that we would probably want this done in, though.

Another idea we had was fairy lights (and/or ivy and white fabric), but we are trying to keep costs down as we are just at the beginning of our wedding planning (only booked the venue!) and I don't want to get over excited and spend everything already!

If you have any ideas on costs or reccomendations I would be really grateful...

TIA

K xx

1 replies

Latest activity by Browny, 24 February, 2011 at 08:53
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

We did something similar on a very small scale for a Bride last year, she didn't want it to completely cover the beams, just to soften them a little. It will depend on the amount of Organza you want & how much work is involved to be able to quote.:

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my wedding breakfast in a barn and have hired Sherrie to dress mine with fairy lights. She's very reasonably priced in my opinion so definitely get in touch with her!

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics