Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2017

Venue Dressing/Decoration

MrsR2Be, 20 of July of 2016 at 08:53 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi!

We met with a local company in regards to the venue decorations we had ideas for for your wedding next year.

They go on a package that includes table plans, centrepieces, sign, lanterns and any other decor you can think of (unlimited amounts as it is only 1 wedding per day/weekend), they go in and style the room and then will stay and move everything we want to carry on from the ceremony to the reception and do all the collecting the next day.

They have priced us £750, I thought it was a bit much but my fiance thought it was a great price as it would save us stress and the hassle of having all this junk left over we don't want.

Is this a reasonable price? I was trying to add up in my head how much the table plan and decor would cost me for the essentials I wanted never mind wee extras and I got a headache and gave up Smiley sad

Do any of you have something like this booked?

6 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 20 of July of 2016 at 23:57
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I didn't need any of this however I think if you have the budget for it I would go for it. Take into account trawling different sites looking for what you want, purchasing it all, storing it all, setting up and clearing it out and the hassle of selling it after. The hours you would spend diy ing everything. Especially if you are not crafty by nature or don't have the time. Me+glue gun=disaster!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a great price!

We're paying £468 for chair covers, chair sashes, table runners, mirror plates and thrones. The woman we're using is quite a lot cheaper than others in our area too.

x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I haven't got a package like this booked, but if you're quibbling about the price maybe you should have a shop around first and compare - and look at doing it yourself also?

We're only paying £80 for chair covers and sashes, fitted by the supplier.

My table plan has cost me about £4 to make - I got a nice frame from Wilko's and have covered in brown paper and stuck table plan to it.

My centrepieces are teapots, filled with silk flowers and surrounded by teacups and candles. I got these from charity shops - I think I maybe spent about £50 for 5 tables?

We've bought a plain postbox for £1.50 - but we saw some nice postbox shaped paper mache ones in Hobbycraft for £10 and you can paint them whatever colour you want.

Just ask yourself how much you're willing to pay just for someone else to do all the work.

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

Oh I am far from crafty - I find it hard to imagine never mind make! ☹️

I liked things like copper lanterns and mirrored table plans which would probably be quite pricey to buy, our chair covers come with the package with the hotel but I am probably one of the only people ever who doesn't like them so we are getting the money back from the hotel and hiring in different chairs - talk about making things awkward for myself ?

I think it might be worth it just for my own sanity - stress if i have enough candles or lanterns or flowery bits and bobs by the guest book is not something I think I will want or need lol

The OH will just have to shove in a bit of overtime since he is all for it hahah

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hate chair covers but I hate my chairs more - and didn't have the budget for fancier ones, so stretchy spandex it is!

Definitely look at packages if you want to take the stress away - there are loads of companies offering them now, so maybe get a comparison quote before you jump the gun?

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsR2Be ·
    • Hide content

We get £1.50 back for each chair cover and the chairs we saw were £2.50 each plus £60 delivery - yep we hated the chairs without the covers too, I was contemplating the bare ugly chairs though haha!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

If you've got the money go for it but perhaps try and get more quotes and see if anyone can beat the premium you've been offered.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics