Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2013

Venue Dry Hire Advice

Jessie_bride, 20 August, 2012 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi,

With one year and five days to go I'm starting to confirm things with the venue. Our venue is dry hire so we need to supply everything ourselves. I've booked the registrar, getting quotes from caterers (inc table linen and glasses), I've booked a wedding decorator/coordinator to help with flowers/decor as the room needs quite a lot.....have I forgotten anything?????

Oh and I just discovered a massive plus to a dry hire venue- no booze charges so we can bring our own ?

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 20 August, 2012 at 16:39
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Do they supply tables and chairs etc, or do you need to hire those too?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Does your venue have a bar? And how about a DJ?

Im also (sort of) doing dry hire so no corkage, ace isn't ? it

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Got loads of tables and chairs, and I need to arrange a DJ soon.

I love no corkage, alcohol is such a big cost so it's nice to be able to cut down a litte. OH doesn't have many opinions on wedding stuff but a free bar was his only criteria!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I would get the caterers booked first and see what they provide. We did dry hire too but it worked out so easy as the caterers were able to provide almost everything from tables/chairs etc to flower arrangements/centrepieces. Chair covers/bows, a barman, all the staff... and probably other stuff too I've forgotten! They also offered a DJ which we didn't use as we had another one we wanted. We could literally just pick what we wanted from their brochure.

We brought in our own booze too (caterers provided soft drinks) and it worked out so much cheaper than a standard hotel 'open bar'. Was really brilliant to have a free bar ?

Oooh how big is your venue? We needed a PA system which the venue provided and the DJ brought a backup along too.

Double-check licensing requirements for the booze, but if you're providing it and NOT charging then I think there shouldn't be a problem.

This sounds stupid but I went round the day before and checked there was loo roll in all the toilets ? there was!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics