Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2014

Venue for a camping / festival wedding in the south-east for 2014

Laura_S_P, 10 of November of 2013 at 20:11 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello,

We are having difficulties finding a venue for our wedding next year (2014), ideally September but there's some flexibility with the date. We'd like a venue with some kind of greenery and nature, where we can do our own thing with tents/ marquees etc and food and where the party doesn't have to stop at midnight. We also need somewhere where people can camp over and not have to be quiet. Our budget is about 6000 pounds in total and I've seen a few places that charge 4-5 thousand for just the site, so we can't afford that. Ideally I'd like somewhere in Essex where I grew up, but anywhere in nearby counties could be good. Any suggestions would be very very welcome!

15 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 12 of November of 2013 at 22:41
  • Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

We went camping this summer at Stoneywish campsite in East Sussex and the field next to ours plus the function room had been hired for a wedding. They had a marquee and lots of bunting and wild flowers, it looked lovely. No idea of costs etc but worth a look maybe.

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content
  • Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Hello - not sure if they do weddings here, but I went to a festival themed birthday party at a scout campsite in Langdon Hills (nr Billericay) last year, it would be great for what you are looking for! Www.kingstonridgecampsite.co.uk

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Hello - not sure if they do weddings here, but I went to a festival themed birthday party at a scout campsite in Langdon Hills (nr Billericay) last year, it would be great for what you are looking for! Www.kingstonridgecampsite.co.uk

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I shot a wedding that was on a budget where they hired the private land in stanstead region, hired the tipi and did everything separately. The tipi was the biggest cost, and the generator and posh loos I believe, we all camped in the field overnight and the farmer let them party until 3am. I don't know how much the couple paid but I know they were keeping costs down so I'm sure it wasn't much. If you google private land hire, I think plenty of similar plots for hire will come up, I think there's a website dedicated to private land hire!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I shot a wedding that was on a budget where they hired the private land in stanstead region, hired the tipi and did everything separately. The tipi was the biggest cost, and the generator and posh loos I believe, we all camped in the field overnight and the farmer let them party until 3am. I don't know how much the couple paid but I know they were keeping costs down so I'm sure it wasn't much. If you google private land hire, I think plenty of similar plots for hire will come up, I think there's a website dedicated to private land hire!

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Wow sorry about the multiple posts, I am not fanatical about this campsite, honest! Hitched having a moment! ?

• Merigold
    Beginner June 2014
    Merigold ·
    • Hide content

Mellow Farm in Surrey is absolutely beautiful. Plus it's cheap. The barn ( which is stunning) is 600 quid for the weekend. There are camping plots availavble as well. Plus toliets on site. The area is stunning - there are actually two buildings - one is the barn which is stunning, and something called the Chicken Shed which isnt too stunning but is in the same beautiful area with campsites ( and you can have a fire too). And it only costs 250quid for the weekend.

I can't stress enough lovely this place is, and the prcing is fab as well. I had my heart set on a barn wedding but there was no way we could afford a barn, this barn IS affordable ( they just didn't have availability for when we needed it).

Mellow Farm

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

Hello Laura,

I am shooting a wedding at The Red Brick Barn in Rochford next year and I am sure they allow you to hire the land or the barn or both?
    The charges for the barn hire are cheap so I can't imagine the land being expensive.

Also the Antiques Centre Battlesbridge offer land/marquee .. https://www.battlesbridge.com/battlesbridge-events/parties at reasonable cost.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I live in Oxfordshire and they do something called riverside weddings . You should take a look and see If there is anything near you . I think they are basically fields with liscence a to hold civil ceremonies along the river edge and try are beautiful.

We looked into it and I think it wa about a grand for a the week ( to set up etc) and you could camp etc x good luck

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My daughter got married at south farm, Royston, Cambs and some of their guests camped and stayed in the pretty gypsey style caravans there too. It is a lovely venue. well worth speaking to them, Food was amazing and all self sufficient.

Lynne

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Room in the rodings in Essex allows camping, is registered for indoor and out door ceremonies too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics