Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2017

Venue for around 60 guests in West Yorkshire

tomg, 11 of November of 2015 at 13:52 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm looking for a venue in West Yorkshire (preferably in or near Wakefield or Leeds), that can accommodate around 60 guests. Ideally for a ceremony and reception.

In effect we're not looking for a 'wedding venue' as such. We just want somewhere (pub, restaurant, hotel, other) that can host a good meal for 60ish people, followed by drinks and music... a typical family get together, just with the exception that there will be a short wedding ceremony at the start!

We are open to spending a fair amount per guest, we'd just rather the money went on giving our family good food and drink rather than on venue fees.

Any suggestions would be brilliant.

2 replies

Latest activity by MrsRees2B, 11 of November of 2015 at 18:38
  • Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Wentbridge House which is wonderful! There are minimum numbers if you want a saturday in peak season but it depends on when you want to get married.

My friends got married at Walton Hall in Wakefield which was also very nice

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you're after something different try Brasserie 44 in Leeds. It's one of the city's top restaurants. You can book exclusive use for weddings - so it's not cheap but it will be a wedding to remember!

They have no wedding licence but you can marry at Leeds Town hall a couple of days before for £50 and then use a celebrant for the ceremony. Or you could marry at Leeds Minster then walk around the back to Brasserie 44!

Another unique venue is Ashmount Country house in Haworth. They have a licensed folly in the garden. It's an exclusive use venue with 20 bedrooms.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at rogerthorpe manor near pontefract the do small weddings and food is amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics