Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SunnyOrangeFlowers21
Beginner August 2014

Venue gratuity

SunnyOrangeFlowers21, 22 of August of 2014 at 20:49 Posted on Planning 1 8

My mum is wondering how much she should send as a gratuity for the venue staff who were there on the day. Did anyone else do this and how much did you send?

8 replies

Latest activity by PinkButterfly, 23 of August of 2014 at 10:40
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Is service charge included in your bill? We paid 12% of our final bill (although that was an optional charge we paid it because we were very happy with the service)

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of anyone doing this. I would assume that if couples don't tip for weddings then maybe the venue build it in to their quote?

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Funky

Not as far as I know.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of that before. We didn't ?

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

I'm paying £1800 venue charge. So not anticipating a service charge. I work at a restaurant that do venues but we don't charge a venue charge we always write a 10% service is optinal but greatly appreciated only on the food and never on the drinks. This usually comes to around £300 so far less than a venue charge. It's up to you but when the venue is charging almost £40 for 3 courses and £9 corkage I kind of don't want any additional costs! Wait for the day to be over before you make your decision x

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of this either in the UK anyway and tbh I won't be doing so I've paid good money for my venue package they should pay staff out of that I do il anticipate that people will give tips at the bar and stuff anyway

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I didn't. I don't get tips at work no matter how hard or late I work.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We did. Maybe 5% ish. A good few hundred quid anyway.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

We had a 10% service charge added to our bill which was roughly 800-900£.

it was optional so I didn't pay it! Was unhappy to pay that kind if money for a service I hadn't received yet! Plus after paying £1500 venue hire plus £80+ per head for 120 people I'd parted with enough money!

im glad I didn't pay now, because there are little things from after the day not happy with! They lost my cake stand and we didn't even get an apology! I was also supposed to refunded for bottles of wine I paid for that didn't get opened. While I wouldn't of taken the refund and also know that chances are all the wine was opened. I do feel they were particularly wasteful in how it was given out! My mum saw numerous half finished bottles around the venue at end if wedding breakfast.

if would have been nice if they at least messaged me after the event, to see how I felt about everything and also mention the bloody wine and if anything had been left of not!

im guessing the lack of after care I'd because I didn't pay the service charge!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics