Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2027 Hertfordshire

Venue help !!!

Paige, 5 of December of 2022 at 20:15 Posted on Planning 0 4
I have been really struggling to find a venue which includes catering!! We are happy to pay around £5-6000 for a venue but we don’t then want to pay £75-100 per person for food as that would mean it would be around £12,000 just for those two thing!! Please can someone advise we are based in Hertfordshire ☺️

4 replies

Latest activity by Ellen91, 6 of December of 2022 at 14:48
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry I can’t help you with your this.

However I’m based in Bromley Kent which is not cheap but we got venue and catering with a hotel for £7k….
    You may have to look further afield or look at smaller functions that might offer a better deal?
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    What sort of venue are you looking for? I must admit I don’t think you’ll find this in barn type venue unless they are a venue who uses external catering, but even then it might prove difficult x
  • P
    Beginner September 2027 Hertfordshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hiya, happy to look at a vary of styles. Would be happy to look at outside catering but would be easier if one was venue and catering included x
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    When we were looking we found that hotels are pretty good for costs compared to somewhere like a barn. A lot of barns had a upfront cost of £4K-£5k and then additional cost per person for catering. With our wedding venue we are going out of season (oct 2023) with a fixed package for 60 people including food, toast drinks and hire for £6k at a hotel and then an additional £85 per person after that.

My biggest suggestions for keeping costs low are:
    - look at weddings outside of May- August/ September - limit day guests to family and close friends and add the other people as evening guests- maybe think about if your wedding could be on a weekday
    We are having about 120-130 people to our wedding in the day and found that once you get over 100 people the venues that have a license to do a wedding for more than 100 are limited. We also looked at Hertfordshire and ended up going to Buckinghamshire instead as we struggled to find a venue to cater to what we wanted. I wish you all the best! Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics