Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2012

VENUE HELP!

Sophieg23, 14 of June of 2013 at 12:55 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi,

Me and my fiance have just started looking for somewhere to get married and i'm already finding it exhausting!! Everywhere is so expensive and we are going to work to a tight budget.

I was hoping that we could find somewhere which looks nice from the outside (maybe a barn) that we can decorate on the inside and use our own caterers/drinks as i thought it would be cheaper however looking at prices its so expensive just to hire them that im wondering whether it might be better doing a packaged deal but i don't like the idea of having to go with whatever they want us too and charge us whatever they want??

If we do it ourselves has anyone got any tips on where to get cheap tables/chair covers/cutlery etc?

Any feedback would be AMAZING! We are based in Hillingdon Borough but are happy with anything within a 50mile radius if anyone can help!

8 replies

Latest activity by mariannechuaphotography, 14 of June of 2013 at 16:05
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

First of all, what is your budget, and how many people are you inviting?

Do you want a church or civil ceremony?

• S
    Beginner January 2012
    Sophieg23 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks for coming back so quickly!!

We would like a civil ceremony in the same venue as the reception and our budget for that would be £2000.

If we have to go for a package deal i would say around £3-£3.5k but we have heard it would be cheaper to get in our own caterers.

We are looking at 70 guests for the wedding breakfast!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Does the £2000 include food and drink or would that be purely for venue hire, tables etc?

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

Didn't Holiday inn used to do a wedding for £1000 not too long ago?

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

I remember something about the wedding for £1000 - I've got a feeling it was for 100 guests as well? I imagine it didn't include drink!

Have you considered looking at any village halls or community centres? They can often be extremely cheap (one near me is between £250-300 for the day) and if you look in the countryside there are some very idylic looking ones as well - the only problem with this option is that you are unlikely to be able to hold the wedding there too, so might have to use a registry office?

Some pubs also have attached rooms (or a barn in one case I know). You will have to use their kitchens and caterers if they have any on site but if you opt for a BBQ this could still be quite reasonable.

• S
    Beginner January 2012
    Sophieg23 ·
    • Hide content

£2k would be for venue and ceremony but with food we would budget around £3000 to 35000...

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

This might help a little: http://libraries.hillingdongrid.org/cipdfs/Halls.pdf

There's a place called The Great Barn at Manor Farm in Ruislip which looks fantastic but I can't find any info on cost or anything. There's a link to someone's wedding on a photography blog here though: http://www.natashathompson.co.uk/2012/06/15/natalie-and-charlies-wedding-at-the-great-barn-manor-farm-ruislip/

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

The only place I can think of is Monks Barn in Hurley, near Maidenhead, but I think it might be a bit pricier than your budget.

Have you considered a village hall for your reception, they are normally more reasonable and flexible

http://www.dvmh.co.uk/gallery.html

And this may help...

https://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/8969/Hall-and-meeting-room-hire

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

One of my recent enquiries was at the Wetlands Centre which I think according to the newspapers you can hire for £500! I think that's for the ceremony only perhaps. A lot of London weddings go the local registry office and room hire at a posh pub, I know you wanted something nice from the outside but it's hard to find something that reasonable near London, barns aren't cheap you're looking at around 5k to start let alone food

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics