Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Savvy

Venue Help (if you fancy a challenge!)

*ACS*, 24 of September of 2012 at 13:21 Posted on Planning 0 13

A small challenge for people who fancy it.... (otherwise known to me as Mission Impossible!)

Ok, so we are potentially looking at venues outside of where we live (Kent). I have tried, and I am still drawing a blank. Just wondered if anyone knew anywhere (could be anywhere in the UK, or Scotland or Wales!), that would fit the below:

* Light and airy (possibly country manor estate) type venue

* Accommodation available for guests (this is quite important to OH, he wants to stay at the venue, but we can consider this as optional and see how we get on!)

* No hideous carpets (!)

Think thats it really. Basically we are looking for the Ward Room in Chatham, that has accommodation and is more of a statley manor hotel/house!

Not sure if you know anywhere that could potentially be like this...

Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 26 of September of 2012 at 20:20
  • F
    Beginner March 2013
    Figaro82 ·
    • Hide content

Went to an amazing wedding in Devon at a place called Bovey Castle!The room for the breakfast was so beautiful!!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Mine didn't have accommodation but it was definitely light and airy and there were NO hideous carpets!

http://www.ueharlax.ac.uk/

Pics in my report: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/307343/2864480.aspx

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Oooo thank you, will have a look when I get home tonight Smiley smile

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Ok my suggestions are all in the cheshire area....all of these out of my price range but then we are on a budget!! good luck finding somewhere you love! x

sandhole oak barn

Heaton House Farm

The Ashes

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Oooo thank you they are lovely. Will have a look Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Did you have a look at Cooling castle barn in Kent? https://www.coolingcastlebarn.com/

Or kent life? https://kentlife.org.uk/venue-hire/weddings/ no accommodation but their is a travel lodge and a village hotel within walking distance.

https://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/ have various hotels around the country in various styles.

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I havd discounted Cooling Castle and Kent life as two family members got married at each (my sister and OH's sister!).

I have looked at Brandshatch Place and Chilston Park Hotel which are both handpicked hotels, but didnt really love either. I will see if there are others that are "nearish" Smiley smile

Thank you all for your help

x

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Funnily enough, Gosfield Hall is one I have been looking at, and drawling over, but its so expensive... Tempted to wait it out as I know they have late (6 month) availability... hmmmmmm..... lol

x

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    Figaro82 ·
    • Hide content

My best friend got a 3 month last minute deal there and it was a quarter of the normal price! Disgusting what they charge and what they can go down too!!!

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know... that's a lot of money saved... hmmm... might have to try and twist OH's arm into a 2013 wedding, or possibly plan everything else, and just sit on the date lol

x

• D
    Beginner March 2011
    dreamdazeweddings ·
    • Hide content

The custard factory digbeth birmingham is an old libarary or arrow mill in redditch

Chair cover hire from £1.00

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.bucklandhouse.co.uk/home/

Depending on time of year (avoid school holidays/shooting season) it sleeps 30 or so but has a larger capacity for a party. Considered but rejected because we needed somewhere larger.

West Devon, so not easy from Kent. Weekend hire (Friday - Sunday) or full weeks.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would thoroughly recommend the two venues used by my two daughters.

South Farm, Royston, Cambs and

Drayton Old Lodge, Norwich, Norfolk

Both were stunning with beautiful rooms and grounds for photos, lovely food and great service. drayton has no accomodation but does have wedding room for bride and maids to put dresses on. Many hotels nearby.

South Farm has rooms and little decorative caravans to stay in, and friends can camp too!

Hope that helps

they both have websites

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics