Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

Venue HELP needed please!!

cBear25, 29 of March of 2014 at 23:07 Posted on Planning 0 12

HELP!

I am looking for a venue with some quite specific desires and struggling with google searches alone... does anyone know of any venues that may even slightly match these criteria?! I'm getting desperate and starting to think its not out there! Would totally love -

* A modern barn setting for wedding

* Accommodation for about 15 - 30 guests on site available for the night before and the night of the wedding (would settle for it not being on site accommodation e.g. just near to the wedding venue).

* Hopefully about an hour away from Leicester but would be happy with up to 2 1/2 hours away.

Please help if you know of anywhere that fits this criteria! I feel like it's not too unreasonable to think I can find a venue like this?! Any help would be great!!

Thank you!!

12 replies

Latest activity by Suzie88, 30 of March of 2014 at 19:17
  • MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking the Clock Barn in Hampshire until I read the distance from Leicester part! Good luck finding somewhere, sorry I can't help!

x

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MayBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

We went to visit a venue called Theobalds Park in Cheshunt (just route planned it from Leicester and it's telling me 99 miles 1hr 51 minutes!) although obviously I don't know where in Leicester that's calculating from. Anyway the venue is part of the De Vere group of hotels. They are able to hold two weddings at a time as they have a mansion house and a barn. The barn is beautiful, just outside of it you have a courtyard that are surrounded by bedrooms that almost look stable like. The website isn't that helpful for pictures so you would need to contact them for more information, but here's a very tiny one I found.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MayBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I found a few more pics via Facebook..

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Notley Tythe Barn near Thame in Oxfordshire - no accommodation on site, but a Travelodge 7 minutes away and two posher hotels 10 minutes away. It's about 90 minutes from Leicester - http://www.notleyfarm.co.uk/index.php

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Notley Tythe Barn near Thame in Oxfordshire - no accommodation on site, but a Travelodge 7 minutes away and two posher hotels 10 minutes away. It's about 90 minutes from Leicester - http://www.notleyfarm.co.uk/index.php

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

Great Tythe Barn in Tetbury, Gloucestershire.

https://www.gtb.co.uk/

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at Dodmoor house in Northants?

http://www.dodmoorhouse.co.uk/

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Leicestershire there is-----

Donington park farmhouse. Leicestershire- Derbyshire

Tithe barn - bosworth battle field, no over night I dont think

Halstead House

And also Keythorpe manor the last time I spoke to them I think this year were opening their barn for weddings

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    cBear25 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! I've rung around a few places this morning and so hoping one will be the ONE!

Really thankful for the help!! Smiley laugh

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    cBear25 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! I've rung around a few places this morning and so hoping one will be the ONE!

Really thankful for the help!! Smiley laugh

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Packington Moor too.

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if they are actually open yet - they were being built when we booked our wedding, but Prestwold Hall 'cowsheds' looked like they are going to be really beautiful! Prestwold is just between Leicester and Loughborough, so covers the 'close to Leicester' bit! And there is a holiday inn/premier inn about 3 miles down the road - considering it is a tiny village, that is about as close as it would get! (I'm not sure about accommodation there - I know the hall has rooms, but don't know if it is the same for use of the barns!)

Suzie x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics