Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner

Venue Help = PLEASE!!!!

PrincessKatherine, 23 May, 2011 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi All

In need of help before I die of boredom and refuse to continue looking for wedding venues therefore no wedding - Smiley smile

I am rather particular but I'm driving myself mad! Me and H2B want a country wedding (approx 2 hours from London where we live) - we ideally like to hire a house that would sleep at least 10 or more - that's not the problem as there are hundreds of them in every county! However for the wedding reception we would like a Barn Venue and all that I've found online are either too expensive or look a bit rubbish!

The other option is to have a marquee in the grounds of the house we hire however I'm a little dubvious of this firstly I imagine the cost would get out of hand (would be my fault entirely but I'd want the flashing dance floor and sparkly lights everywhere - Smiley smile HOWEVER we also need to take into consideration what we'd like to do the day after the wedding and have a big party at the house with live music and a BBQ - less fuss than the day before but lots of drinking and dancing ALTHOUGH I'm worried if we had a marquee for the wedding the second day would be like a repeat of the first therefore need a barn or similar venue therefore the wedding is different and has it's own identity!

Hope that all makes sense - would appreciate any venues you're aware of approx 2 hours from London or any views you have on the marquee for wedding / garden party the next day idea........

K

x

10 replies

Latest activity by PrincessKatherine, 26 May, 2011 at 10:03
  • L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at cooling castle barn in Kent- although there isn't a marquee option there- I know in Kent there are other options- Winter Barns is nice and'The Barnyard' at Gore farm has a Marquee as well as a barn- if you google 'a Kentish wedding' it will bring up a list of all the wedding venues here- might help

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking for the same, but don't want to spend a fortune.

Found some nice ones on the Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire border, so not too far out from London either.

One is Notley Tythe Barn in Long Crendon. https://www.notleyfarm.co.uk/

The other is The Barn at Chilton - http://www.thebarnatchilton.co.uk/index.html

My sister and some friends have recently got married at Notley Tythe Barn and it was a lovely venue.

Me and OH have just taken a drive up to The Barn at Chilton to check that out and it looks fantastic and the views are stunning.

On my budget, I honestly didn't think I would be looking at such lovely venues.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm, troll much?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im not too sure if she is.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Trolls are fake posters who appear now and then to cause a stir.

First post + this post = whiff of troll to me!

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm... it could be the case.

I just don't see why people would waste their time though.

• JackAction
    Beginner October 2013
    JackAction ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think you understand what that word means, do you?

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

There are Plenty of venues out there. If you are doing the two day thing, do they need to be in the same location?

• P
    Beginner
    PrincessKatherine ·
    • Hide content

Yes you're completely correct!

I spend my days on wedding websites, fake postings about my make believe wedding - all for entertainment.

How ridiculous.

I'm genuienly having difficulties sourcing a venue that I like.....

You don't need to comment on my posts therefore if you haven't anything nice to say I'd rather you didn't bother.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics