Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Venue Help! (Yorkshire and surrounding areas)

Bride2019, 29 of December of 2017 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

First post! Just wondering whether anyone knew of any rustic-type wedding venues (preferably with a barn) available that I may have overlooked? Completely googled out and going around in circles! We are based in Huddersfield, so ideally looking for Yorkshire venues, but happy to consider venues in the East Midlands/Cheshire too. Anywhere relatively commutable really!

We loved The Normans, but with a £8500 basic hire cost for 2019 it is unfortunately out of our budget Smiley sad any help would be hugely appreciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBrownHair710, 17 of January of 2018 at 18:07
  • S
    Beginner January 2018
    SunnyOrangeConfetti783 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I loved the Normans as well, but we went with the Merchant Adventurers Hall in York - it's right in the city centre so you may not like that, but it's only about £1600 to hire for the whole day. You have to choose from their lists of approved things (caterers, djs etc) but it's a beautiful old tudor building from the 1300's!

There's also Barley Hall (I think?) in York.

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I don’t know how helpful this will be, but I am getting married at Woodborough Hall in Nottinghamshire this November. It’s not the barn you’re after, but is a lovely grade 2 listed building. So far the venue have been really accommodating when discussing my decoration ideas, and are pretty much giving me free reign to put up what I’d like (fairy lights), so maybe you could give it a more rustic feel through decoration? They are reasonably priced too - they have an offer here: https://www.woodboroughhall.co.uk/events for a full wedding package for £5500.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Check out Oakwell Hall near Keighley.

A good forest venue with barn-ish facilities is Lineham Farm in north Leeds

• B
    Beginner
    Bride2019 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the replies! I hadn't come across Barley Hall so I will check that out, and Lineham Farm is on our to view list!

• F
    Beginner November 2018
    Fireworkandfairylightwedding ·
    • Hide content

We’re getting married at Woodborough Hall, Nottingham in November. It’s lovely and reasonably priced too Smiley smile

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I live near Lineham Farm and photographed a wedding there last summer. If you'd like to see the photos just send me a message!

• S
    Beginner February 2019
    Sjnevs ·
    • Hide content

Hi, you've probably already seen it but Sandburn Hall in Malton York is really nice and much more affordable than the Normans. We were also after something like this and loved The Priory in Wetherby but ended up finding a non-barn venue we loved in Northumberland that was waaay cheaper! Hope you find one x

• S
    Beginner July 2018
    SkyrimBride ·
    • Hide content

I can really recommend the Merchant Adventurers hall in York, that's also my venue and it is stunning!! It doesn't have a barn but it does have private gardens and it's costing us £1650 for a Saturday wedding. Plus with it being city centre it makes it easy for people to get to.

• R
    Beginner September 2018
    RomanticBrownHair710 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you are sorted yet but we were in the same predicament as you. In the end we had to let go of our barn dream as prices were just too high. We are instead getting married at the red lion in burnsall North Yorkshire. It is a new extension on an old pub, it has the same kind of barn vibe, website doesn't do it justice. Right next to the river, beautiful scenery, amazing local food and good prices! Xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics