Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacqueline
Beginner July 2024 Essex

Venue hire

Jacqueline, 29 of May of 2022 at 17:20 Posted on Planning 0 9
Help with venue hire needed!!

We were set on getting married abroad but due to family health issues we’ve now decided to try and find somewhere closer to home.
What we’re after is a venue that will host a less formal wedding (London or Essex). We don’t want a sit down meal, speeches or a first dance but we’re still being quoted silly prices. Has anyone done this? We’re basically wanting to get hitched and then just have a massive party for everyone!

9 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 1 of July of 2022 at 17:07
  • Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content
    What kind of venue are you looking for? The venue prices for Essex are extortionate! Try Roslin Beach Hotel (Southend On Sea), The Lawn (Rochford) or Colchester Town Hall (lots of different room sizes and budgets there). We’ve provisionally booked Colchester Town Hall and there’s a range of options re dry hire, full sit down meal, buffet, twilight weddings etc. The Lawn do very reasonable packages with prices on their website. Hope this helps!
  • Jacqueline
    Beginner July 2024 Essex
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much. I will take a look at them. We did price up the Roslin but it’s always so busy in there. I’d love a twilight wedding, a nice informal feeling. We are away next weekend so going to really think about what we want
  • L
    North London
    Lily ·
    • Hide content
    Not sure what your budget is but places like The Gallery at The Exhibit, Back Lounge, Thomas Dogett’s Bar, The white cross Bar or Martha’s Tap are all under £1000.

What sort of venue are you looking for and what sort of numbers?

• Jacqueline
    Beginner July 2024 Essex
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much. Looking for somewhere unique and quirky that will let us party until the early hours!

Looking between 70-100 guests.
    Where are those venues located? I will take a look at them 😊
  • L
    North London
    Lily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those ones are all in London but they might be a bit small for 100.

The depot Old street or City Prohibition bar might be better as they can cater to atleast 200.
    There’s also some good party venues on peer space but you’d have to likely bring in your own food and drinks etc.
  • S
    Savvy July 2023 Essex
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    Have you looked at the Old Parish Rooms Rayleigh? That’s definitely a bit unique and perfect place if you just want a party and buffet! Might be a bit small (the only reason I ruled it out) but I think can hold up to 100 for a party.

Also try Cromwell Manor
  • S
    Savvy July 2023 Essex
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    You’ve also got Cromwell Manor in Pitsea that offers different packages including a twilight package I found reasonably priced.

And The Old Regent Ball Room in Stanford-Le-Hope perfect for a big party and a bit quirky.
    I also really liked Newland Hall in Chelmsford which does an afternoon tea wedding and twilight packages but they’re restricted to mid- week dates only and was still quite pricey.
    Or you could just get hitched at Langtons Registry office in Hornchurch which is supposed to be really nice and hire a golf club like Top Meadows or South Essex ect for the party afterwards
  • Jacqueline
    Beginner July 2024 Essex
    Jacqueline ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I absolutely love the look of it there but my OH isn’t keen on it 😢. He thinks the split level may be an issue too. We will find somewhere soon I’m sure.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Your best bet might be to get married at a church/registry office and then have the celebration separately - we found that 'wedding venues' were extortionate compared to venues that just did weddings, if that makes sense!

If you go down that route, you can basically pick anywhere you like for your reception because you don't have to worry about whether or not it can do the ceremony - so you can look at pubs, restaurants, community halls...anywhere that will fit your numbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics