Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2017

Venue hunting advice/tips?

Mrs-c-to-be17, 3 of March of 2014 at 08:35 Posted on Planning 0

Hi we're in the process of choosing a venue, at the moment I've just been looking online an forming a shortlist of places we like the look of.

We want to start viewing them soon, I'm just wondering what questions would be good to ask and what to look for, also are places likely to negotiate on prices? just any tips or advice anyone can give would be great! Thanks :-)

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

I found it useful to write down a list of everything that I had my heart set on and didn't want to compromise on for the wedding so I didn't forget anything. I also had a run through of the day set out as a flow chart so when I went to venues I walked through the whole day and it brought out all the requirements that way.

I useful tip I learnt was to make sure I clarified absolutely everything in terms of what was included and not included for example one venue said they'd include a flower table decoration for the registrars table in the price in our chosen colour scheme. Great I thought until I asked what that would look like and it was literally two stems of cheap flowers in a vase which looked like you could've picked it up from the supermarket for £3! We didn't book it!

Also good to ask what restrictions there are on the venue, do they have to close the bar by a certain time or can it stay open until people are ready to go to bed, will other members of the hotel use the areas you're guests will be in? Can you get an early check in for rooms if you need to get changed etc.....just think about your day your requirements and write a list so you don't forget anything!

Also important to me we're places inside for photos as we're getting married out of season so the weather will likely be rubbish we wanted a pretty inside location.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics