Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner August 2014

Venue ideas help - Peak District

DerbyshireBride, 21 of January of 2013 at 10:10 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all

I'm looking at wedding venues in the Peak District area - my family are mainly based in North Derbyshire and my fiance's family are based around Stockport/Manchester area so we thought the Peaks would be a good middle ground.

But I'm struggling to find anywhere suitable at the moment. Most places seem overly expensive and require you to have exclusive use and pay for rooms which we're not really that bothered about but the few cheaper places I've seen I haven't really taken to.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced locations in this area with a bit of character?

8 replies

Latest activity by Michal, 27 of February of 2021 at 00:01
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, I live in Glossop. What kind of venue do you want?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I love Hargate Hall https://www.hargate-hall.co.uk/wedding-venue/unique-wedding-venue. It's the fact that the house becomes yours when you book! You can even bring in outside caterers which could potentially keep the costs down (it did for me).

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content

I am not too sure what kind of thing you are after. My brother is currently organising his wedding in the Glossop area and has looked at a lot of places!! Think they have finally settled on Glossop Cricket Club (they are now expecting a baby so the budget has been slashed considerably!) but have looked at a variety of venues so if you say what you are after I can try and recommend some places.

• M
    Beginner
    Magserelli ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/357245.aspx

this might help

M x

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm not really 100% sure what I'm after yet to be honest (not helpful, I know!) but just know I want somewhere with a bit of character and nice gardens for photos. Don't really fancy a soul less hotel. We won't have a massive guest list, max 50 for day and about 80/90 at night so somewhere not too big would be good (though it seems to be the smaller venues which force you to have exclusive use which makes the cost shoot up). Also don't mind splitting venues so having the civil ceremony and meal somewhere, then moving elsewhere for evening.

• H
    Beginner March 2016
    Hedgemog ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Depending on your budget Chatsworth do a lovely wedding, but it is a bit more pricey than some. A friend recently went to The Maynard in Grindleford (sp) and said they the offered a great package for pretty much everything and is currently her second choice of venue after Yeldersley Hall in Ashbourne, although I think Yeldersley might be a bit small for your numbers, and possibly too far south. She has been getting all her ideas of where to go and see from here:

http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/peak-district-hotels-c40.html

Might be worth a look as you can select by different area etc although my friend is just looking at the ones with pictures she likes! We've had some lovely weekends recently driving about visiting them all.

Rach x

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

I second Hargate Hall!!!

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Check out Hassop Hall near Bakewell - amazing place!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics